NFS mount fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron Woldman

Dabbler
Hi all,
Just spent a few days trying to mount a remote NFS share inside a freenas install.
I can mount the remote NFS share into the local volume mount point but have not found how to make it
persistent and survive a system restart.

I used:
mount 10.11.11.3:/mnt/files/ /mnt/work/files/

I then tried creating a jail. Got it up and working, but it looks like there might be a freebsd nfs/jail issue.
Nothing I tried allowed me to mount the remote nfs share in the jail.

Any help would be appreciated. I did not think this was going to take as much of my time as it did.
We just wanted to use the ftp mgr in freenas to handle some connections and have access to this share.

Thanks

Aaron Woldman

Dabbler
I forgot to mention that I started off with Freenas 9.2 updated it to 9.3 current
and then tried 10 alpha all with same results.

eldo

Explorer
If you're looking to mount the .3 nfs service to the main freenas install, have you considered using the webgui's init/shutdown script area?
YDiiSYS.png

I'm guessing you could try using the 'command' and 'post init' settings under add new script.

Aaron Woldman

Dabbler
Thank you !!! Thank you !!!

Thats done, its friday. I think a nice bottle of bourbon will be appropriate for tonight!

eldo

Explorer
No prob bob, happy it helped.
You don't need to buy me a bottle of bourbon, but I certainly won't stop you. ;)

notjoe

Explorer
If you're looking to mount the .3 nfs service to the main freenas install, have you considered using the webgui's init/shutdown script area?
YDiiSYS.png

I'm guessing you could try using the 'command' and 'post init' settings under add new script.

Hey there, Quick question about what you said. Where are the jails in the load order? I have some jails that do have a mount back to an nfs share (on the host/freenas) and need to get the nfs mount up before the jail loading starts.

TonyNAS

Dabbler
Hello to all,

I tried to create an init script or an init command and I inserted it the the GUI but unfortunately it doesn't work on startup. Can you send me an example of working script. Thank you

Code:
mkdir /mnt/WDNaS
mount -t nfs 192.168.2.6:/nfs/Download /mnt/WDNaS

Status
Not open for further replies.