SOLVED How to mount NFS share from FreeNAS 9.10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mucip

Dabbler
Hi,
I have FreeNAS 9.10.2. I created /mnt/nas.
I want to mount other machine's NFS share to my FreeNAS. I think my FreeNAS has NFS 3 only! I used below command:

mount -t nfs 192.168.3.251://data/_NAS_NFS_Exports_/freeNAS /mnt/nas

But the result is "Permission denied"! But I can mount same remote NFS share from Proxmox with success.

What is wrong with my FreeNAS?

Regards,
Mucip:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick2253

Wizard
Why are you trying to mount another machine's NFS share on your FreeNAS? That seems backwards to me; a NAS is for providing a share, not mounting one.

Mucip

Dabbler
Hi,
Why not? :)

I want to make one copy of files which is in FreeNAS to to another NAS.

Regards,

Nick2253

Wizard
Why not?!... :)
Typically, it's because there are usually much better options to accomplish what you're trying to do.

In this particular case, copying files between different NASes is probably best done with rsync. However, if they are both ZFS-based NASes, then you can use zfs send/receive. What is the other NAS?

Mucip

Dabbler
Hi,
Thecus.
N2310.
I don't think that this nas have rsync? :(

Nick2253

Wizard
So, what are you actually trying to accomplish? Are you trying to do a one-time data transfer? In that case, you can probably just do the mount and that will be easiest. You could also just transfer the files via an intermediary, like your desktop PC. If you are trying to keep data in sync across two NASes, then you'll want a different solution.

The N2310 is a Linux-based NAS, so there should be no problem running rsync on it. My guess is that rsync is built in, whether or not it's exposed directly via the GUI. If you can SSH into the NAS, you can probably set that up.

Mucip

Dabbler
Hi,
Yes I want to mount other NAS and copy all files which are in the FreeNAS to the N2310 NAS.
Is there any way to mount N2310 share on FreeNAS really?!... :(
Rsync is much more harder way for me unfortunately. In this case I need to make some modification and adjustments on both NASserver.

Regards,

Mucip

Dabbler
Hi,
OK. I got it with rsync over ssh. Thanks for your suggestion...

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.