Cannot mount from one freenas to another.

Rod Martin

Dabbler
Simple need... I need to mount a directory on one freenas to another freenas, then I'll use in a Jail.

I have done this. On the receiving NAS:

mkdir /mnt/Remote_dir
mount -t nfs <ip of other NAS>:/mnt/FoldertoShare /mnt/Remote_dir

Both FreeNAS are being run locally. this is not in a domain. Logins are not in active directory.

First attempt yeilds: Permission Denied.

No surprise, right? well, heres the next problem. I attempt root.

I obviously know my root password. I also have ssh and nfs services enabled in both FreeNAS.

I attempt ssh root@<ip of other NAS>. I enter password.... Again: Permission Denied.

I can ssh using a standard user account. However, I cannot run sudo mount from that account. I run the sudo mount anyway, and I get Permission denied style of message. Its not exactly that, but its some cred issue.

This is the mount command I attempted with root.

sudo mount -t nfs -O user=root,pass=<passwd> <ip of other NAS>:/mnt/Folderto Share /mnt/Remote_dir

For that I get "Sorry, user root is not allowed to execute..." then it repeats my command.

If you can follow any of this, please advise.

Thank you.

Rod Martin

Dabbler
Ok, I fixed one problem. The root user configuration did not have "Permit Sudo" selected.

Well, that just gets me to the next issue. Still, permission denied.

Rod Martin

Dabbler
All i'm trying to do is remote mount a directory so I can use it in a Jail. I'm not married to any one method. Just give me one that works.