SOLVED NFS Share will not mount with fstab.. What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FVierra27

Cadet
Hello,

Just got my first FreeNAS box up and running and trying to get an NFS Share to mount when I restart my Ubuntu 16.04.4.

I can mount it with the command sudo mount -t nfs -o proto=tcp,port=2049 192.168.1.xxx:/mnt/FreeNAS /home/admin/FreeNAS. Everything works the way it should.

As soon as I place it into fstab as...
Code:
192.168.1.xxx:/mnt/FreeNAS /home/admin/FreeNAS  nfs  defaults,proto=tcp,port=2049   0 0

It won't mount on reboot.. I've been searching and reading for a while but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick2253

Wizard
When you put the entry in fstab, you should be able to run mount /home/admin/FreeNAS (assuming you haven't otherwise mounted it already), and it should work just fine. That will give you the first indication of what could possibly be wrong in your fstab.

FVierra27

Cadet
Well, I feel like an idiot. I ran mount /home/admin/FreeNAS and it said it didn't exist in fstab so I double check spelling and /home/adimn/FreeNAS isn't going to work.

satyp

Cadet
Well, I feel like an idiot. I ran mount /home/admin/FreeNAS and it said it didn't exist in fstab so I double check spelling and /home/adimn/FreeNAS isn't going to work.
Hi FVierra27

Mine mounts in fstab after using mount -a

However it's not persistent after reboot, even after playing around conf..../etc/fstab, which I would not recommend to anyone.

I've read a couple of posts saying to ether use autofs automound or an init/startup script, neither of which I'm having any joy with , partly because I would know what command to put in the script etc..

Do you loose the mount on restarts if so do you have any pointers on how you might've achieved it..

I'm running FreeNAS 11 u2

Thanks in advance
Rgds

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.