NextCloud, OwnCloud or Resilio

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadamwil

Explorer
Hello, I would like to set up something dropbox like, that will be used by a max of 5 people. Primarily I want to have remote access to data already on my FreeNas and used by my PCs and Plex. I would like to be able to sync this data to a friend of mine's FreeNAS box, so that if I should have an issue, I have a backup. I have previously tried both an Ubuntu VM and a jail to create OwnCloud. I am a windows and networking guy, so my Unix/Linux work is slow and laborious. I would like the easiest path to having files sync to my workstation at work, and being able to share files or whole folder structures with my friend. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

My current server is FreeNAS 11.1 and ram and processor utilization aren't a big concern. I attempted to setup Resilio today and realized that the Plugin could not see my other data on the freenas, I know this can be added by mapping a folder. However, whatever I do, I want to do it this once and then have it work going forward when I upgrade to 11.2 and persist after reboots.

garm

Wizard
For backup to a secondary FreeNAS machine use replication, it’s by far the most efficient. For syncing files I like Nextcloud better then Resilio as you can share folders and files over http instead of a specific protocol. It tends to be easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.