TrueNAS Scale | Resilio Sync only uses relay

The_Saver

Dabbler
Hello everyone,

I am using TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.3 and have installed Resilio Sync using the Truecharts catalog (https://github.com/truecharts/catalog).
It works perfectly fine, except that the app only uses relays which is around 200-300 kbps which is unacceptably slow.

I have tried to troubleshoot the issue, looked into Kubernetes settings and tried to use a different network type instead of the default one called "Simple". Below is a screenshot of the default network settings that were created for me automatically:
1661277975726.png

I can connect to my server from outside network just fine through SSH, the TrueNAS Scale WebGUI and Resilio Sync WebGUI on the default port 8888. So for me it seems that everything should work just fine.

Before I used TrueNAS Scale, I had Ubuntu Server with all the same hardware/networking and I could use Resilio Sync without using the slow relays, which makes me confident that this is a configuration issue.

Thank you for reading this I will be grateful if you have ideas on what I can try to fix this issue.

Edit: Apparently I can get my full speed (direct connecting without relay) if I add the peers as predifined hosts. But this would then fail if/when they connect with a different IP address.

Last edited:

ddos127

Dabbler
I do not have a solution but I'm also having issues with Resilio Sync, except for me I am not able to "see" any local folders to sync to a remote location.

mr-elephant

Cadet
Edit: Apparently I can get my full speed (direct connecting without relay) if I add the peers as predifined hosts. But this would then fail if/when they connect with a different IP address.

Thank you for coming back to update your post with this very helpful information. It was very frustrating to attempt to synchronize terabytes of data at relay connection speeds.

I can also confirm that adding the local IP address of the peer, along with their listening port, resolves the issue. However, there should certainly be a better solution. I suspect that the root of the issue might lie in how the initial configuration of the Kubernetes image of Resilio Sync, because I have not encountered this problem with any peer-to-peer Resilio connection within my local network, apart from those that involve my NAS.

sretalla