NextCloud not showing up in dashboard after upgrade to 11.2 (latest 8/1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdbaumann

Explorer
I upgraded from 11 to 11.2 Beta 1 initial release, and could not see my nextcloud plugin (it's running and operating just fine, but doesn't show in the UI). I waited to report since I figured things were still being worked out, but with the recent update it still does not show in the UI. Working fine, but can't see it in the dashboard. Not under plugins installed or in jails...

Ideas? Has this been reported as a bug already?

Thanks

Jailer

Not strong, but bad

kdbaumann

Explorer
Did you install the plugin under 11.1 or earlier? In that case, you'll find it in the legacy GUI.

Cool. Seems odd that you can't convert it to being seen in the new UI, but at least I can find it. Thanks!

danb35

Hall of Famer
Seems odd that you can't convert it to being seen in the new UI, but at least I can find it.
There's a script for that, but it's beta (as is all of 11.2 at this point).

kdbaumann

Explorer
It's expected behavior. Search the forums, it's been discussed many times.

I dug through with what I used to search on and only found issues with installing Nextcloud in the new version, nothing about old installations that didn't show up under the new UI etc.. Kinda makes migrations a pain in the butt and not likely for me to move forward until there is something more than pretty pictures.

I use a ton of this for customers and they use plugin's. If plugin's end up only being seen in the old UI then I am not going to recommend the move to the new version. Hopefully this gets resolved at some point or we just never use this branch.

Thanks. I always search ahead of posting, but if google and the search on the site doesn't find it then I post. If I missed it my bad. Appreciate the answer.

kdbaumann

Explorer
There's a script for that, but it's beta (as is all of 11.2 at this point).

PERFECT. Yeah I know it's beta, that's why I didn't make a big thing about it. Ie; as I mentioned it still works just fine, I just couldn't find it in the UI. But there being a script I will dig into that later at some point. Thanks for that info. Useful stuff to know.

Appreciate it.

danb35

Hall of Famer
It's nothing to do with Nextcloud as such, nor even with plugins as such--it's all old-style (warden) jails, and this has been the case ever since the new GUI was a thing (which it has been at least since 11.1, though it's the default with 11.2). It's even in the manual.

kdbaumann

Explorer
It's nothing to do with Nextcloud as such, nor even with plugins as such--it's all old-style (warden) jails, and this has been the case ever since the new GUI was a thing (which it has been at least since 11.1, though it's the default with 11.2). It's even in the manual.

Thanks man. DOH. I should have read further. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.