Nextcloud - moved from Truecharts to Official to VM

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
I could understand the initial motivation for k3s and helm, because they intended to create a system that scaled out horizontally. Hence the name. Not only for apps but also for storage via gluster.

Now that the gluster feature is officially dead (not entirely their fault, of course), so SCALE does not in fact ... scale, I sometimes feel a bit cynical imagining what could be if the resources had been thrown at improving CORE and creating a jail based app ecosystem ...

*sigh*

marshalleq

Explorer
I could understand the initial motivation for k3s and helm, because they intended to create a system that scaled out horizontally. Hence the name. Not only for apps but also for storage via gluster.

Now that the gluster feature is officially dead (not entirely their fault, of course), so SCALE does not in fact ... scale, I sometimes feel a bit cynical imagining what could be if the resources had been thrown at improving CORE and creating a jail based app ecosystem ...

*sigh*
Agreed. Though I would never have considered truenas if it was still bsd only. I looked at it many times and too much non BSD supported things I needed. Though I love what bsd stands for and how secure and reliable it is. Let’s hope ix systems figure out a better way forward.