nextcloud for Truenas Scale

RMAZOUZI

Explorer
Hello ,

according to you r experience Which is the best and more stable nextcloud ofr truenas scale "nextcloud truechart or nextcloud officiel" the reliability and stability is most important thing for us.

deralexmalex

Cadet
I can not answer your question in that way what you asked for.
I am new at trueNas. But I am running a small Nextcloud for a few years.

Actually all my home applikations are hosted on docker, which is installed on clean debian PCs.
In my opinion that is the most stable way to host and maintain services.

So to Nextcloud. I tested somthing with the original Nextcloud Docker Image and the Nextcloud Image of linuxserver.io.

For me the complete selfhostet Nextcloud Fromm linuxserver.io is that stable then the Original Nextcloud installs where never before. I use it with an simple MariaDB container, deployed with Docker compose/Portainer Stacks.

In my opinion, especially for Nextcloud Updates, it is that important to get the maximal controll about the process und have an easy ability to roll back if something went wrong. That heppend to me to often with Nextcloud.

If you want more Information i van post my docker-compose Code here.

RMAZOUZI

Explorer
This is very interesting I would like to implement nextcloud on production environment with basic features which can work for long time

deralexmalex

Cadet
Okay. How I sad, my Cloud is running in a really small home enviremoent. Nextcloud is really CPU performance-hungry. Especially, if you have much Pictures which have to render in realtime.
Sometimes it is usefull to have look to the Nextcloud-OCC-commands. Those commands safed my Nextcloud-Life. With OCC-Commands you can reinitalize your Data-Indexes, for example.

Here my docker-compose.yaml
version: "3"
services:
nextcloud:
image: linuxserver/nextcloud:25.0.4
container_name: nextcloud
environment:
- PUID=1000
- PGID=1000
- TZ=Europe/Berlin
volumes:
- /docker/nextcloud/nextcloud/appdata:/config
- /docker/nextcloud_data/data:/data # decentral datamount, to have the ability to backup the cloud-app-data seperatly from the uploaded userdata
ports:
- 8443:443
depends_on:
- mariadb
restart: unless-stopped
mariadb:
image: mariadb:10.5.12
container_name: mariadb
command: --transaction-isolation=READ-COMMITTED --binlog-format=ROW
environment:
- PUID=1000
- PGID=1000
- MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=changeme
- MYSQL_PASSWORD=changeme
- MYSQL_DATABASE=nextcloud
- MYSQL_USER=nextcloud
- TZ=Europe/Berlin
volumes:
- /docker/nextcloud/mariadb/lib_mysql:/var/lib/mysql

In the first login screen after deployment you have to set some parameters special.

You have to set those data for the SQL conection depending what you choosed in the docker-compose.yaml
- MYSQL_USER=nextcloud

And you have to change the Datapath from '/www/nextcloud/data' or something like that to '/data'. Because we set it in the docker-compose.yaml.

What I want to test in the next time is, mount an NFS share from truenas directly to my Proxmox debian-VM which i want run docker. But not on traditional way but directly with the docker compose file.

Sorry for my bad english. I hope you can follow my thougts.

deralexmalex

Cadet
Her the correct docker-compose. The Quote removed the in yaml really important tabs.

Code:
version: "3"
services:
 nextcloud:
   image: linuxserver/nextcloud:25.0.4
   container_name: nextcloud
   environment:
     - PUID=1000
     - PGID=1000
     - TZ=Europe/Berlin
   volumes:
     - /docker/nextcloud/nextcloud/appdata:/config
     - /docker/nextcloud_data/data:/data                   # decentral datamount, to have the ability to backup the cloud-app-data seperatly from the uploaded userdata
   ports:
     - 8443:443
   depends_on:
     - mariadb
 mariadb:
   image: mariadb:10.5.12
   container_name: mariadb
   command: --transaction-isolation=READ-COMMITTED --binlog-format=ROW
   environment:
     - PUID=1000
     - PGID=1000
     - MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=changeme
     - MYSQL_USER=nextcloud
     - TZ=Europe/Berlin
   volumes:
     - /docker/nextcloud/mariadb/lib_mysql:/var/lib/mysql

Last edited by a moderator:

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Added code tags to show the appropriate indents/tabs.

sretalla