Nextcloud - "Access through untrusted domain" error after editing config.php

Pilbromatic

Dabbler
Hi guys,

I'm running FreeNAS 11.3-U2 and have just fresh installed Nextcloud through the UI (first time I've used/installed it). After setting up, I get the error "Access through untrusted domain" when browsing to the jail's IP. I edited config.php under usr/local/www/nextcloud/config to add my IP, but to no avail - same message. I even tried deleting the 'trusted_domains' array but it appeared to make no change.

Switching the jail between DHCP (my preferred setting) and static IP made no difference. It's probably no relevance, but my network is fairly complex with multiple subnets (my FreeNAS server is physically located across the other side of the city), but a Windows box on the same subnet/physical server still can't get past the untrusted domain page when its IP is added to "trusted_domains".

I haven't setup SSL yet; I feel that SSL or reverse proxy would be the next step after I have the thing actually working. In saying that, I probably only want local IP access anyway (for the foreseeable future).

I've done a fair lot of reading about this over the last two days since installing, and haven't been able to find any fix.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or could give me some tips? Thanks!

JoaoRuas

Cadet
Solved it using:
"Configure trusted domains"
Hope this helps

Pilbromatic

Dabbler
Thanks for the pointer, but as per my original post I've tried this to no avail...

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Did you restart NextCloud after setting trusted IPs?

Pilbromatic

Dabbler
Ahh I've worked it out! I misunderstood, thinking that the "Trusted Domains" was an allow list for remote IPs you want to allow to connect to NextCloud. It's actually for the IP address of the server itself. Hopefully this will help anyone else in this predicament.

Pilbromatic

Dabbler
Did you restart NextCloud after setting trusted IPs?
Sorry, was just posting an update at the same time you posted this. Yep, always a goot idea to restart the plugin. All sorted now, thanks.

robsNAS2020

Cadet
Ahh I've worked it out! I misunderstood, thinking that the "Trusted Domains" was an allow list for remote IPs you want to allow to connect to NextCloud. It's actually for the IP address of the server itself. Hopefully this will help anyone else in this predicament.
I just wanted to say thank you! I was running into the exact same issue thinking it was remote IP rather than server IP. You pointed me in the right direction then I just had to set the DHCP reservation in pfsense then edit the config file and now all is working.

Dellyjoe

Explorer

no problem Pibromatic, I did the same thing took me a little bit to understand what it wanted from a domain, I also just used https://www.ixsystems.com/community...stallation-of-nextcloud-19-in-iocage-jail.90/ from daanb35 here on the form to get the SSL certs going. it is something i would recormmend to look at given it took me days and weeks to try and figure out ssl certs.

Matth3w

Cadet
Thank you! I was having the same issue. It even says in the guide to enter the IP of the nextcloud server, I just skipped over that part. Feel like such an idiot!

golfox2

Dabbler
Hi guys, I was wondering how to solve the following problem when accessing my nexctloud please : ?
1647358972936.png
(not secured)
or is it a whole different thing ?
When I access my wifi box from it's assigned public ip addres (and domain name), it's got the https
1647359027550.png

but not when I am on the :8283 nextcloud port