Nextcloud 413 Request entity too large

tojfl

Cadet
Hi,

I have a problem with synchronization of large files in Nexcloud. It eds up with a message "413 Request entity too large" in Nextcloud client.

I am using TrueNAS TrueNAS-13.0-U2 and fresh installation of nextcloud jail 13.0-RELEASE-p13, Nexcloud version 24.0.4

I did my own research and increased maximal upload size in:

/usr/local/etc/nginx/conf.d/nextcloud.inc
Code:
# set max upload size
client_max_body_size 10G;
fastcgi_buffers 64 4K;

/usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf
Code:
client_max_body_size 10g;
client_body_buffer_size 400m;

and finally
/usr/local/etc/php/php.truenas.ini
Code:
post_max_size=10G
upload_max_filesize=10G

Letter size (case sensitivity) in G/g or M/m was used according to previous original settings.

But still nothing. Do you know please solution?

Thanks

tojfl

Cadet
Finally I found the solution. Correct php.ini is in /usr/local/etc/

called either php.ini-development or php.ini-production

here maximum upload size can be changed.

ButterBetzi

Cadet

Hey @tojfl,
can you tell me what values you exactly changed? I tried it myself but could not make it work...

dw_713

Cadet

Thank you for the given update and solution. I edited both dev and prod php.ini in /usr/local/etc/ to edit the needed upload size. Do i still need to edit the /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf & /usr/local/etc/nginx/conf.d/nextcloud.inc ? Much appreciated my friend.

dw_713

Cadet
I did it all; try it separately but I think you have to...
Hi all, at first I only edited the pho.ini files and went ahead and rebooted nc jail still saw the given error. I went back jn and this time edited both /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf & /usr/local/etc/nginx/conf.d/nextcloud.inc and rebooted once more. To my surprise the given cloud sync task was successful after many failed attempts throughout. I am happy for certain. Now I am onto sync nextcloid and OneDrive external storage. I am also running my smb shares to Nextcloud for remote acess when on OpenVPN awesome stuff. Thanks so much for all the help here.

Aviatorpaal

Dabbler
Just pass the variables through the GUI before deploying :) This is for the offical iX-version of Nextcloud. Works like a charm for me and my iOS-devices! I suggest erasing all user data from your clients and chunking everything >10M

variables.jpg

victort

Guru
Just pass the variables through the GUI before deploying :) This is for the offical iX-version of Nextcloud. Works like a charm for me and my iOS-devices! I suggest erasing all user data from your clients and chunking everything >10M

View attachment 63295
We are talking jails here. This screenshot is from SCALE. This thread is about the CORE plug-in.

BTW, I would strongly recommend using this script. Scripted Nextcloud Installation

It trumps the plug-in many times over.

victort

Guru
Hey @tojfl,
can you tell me what values you exactly changed? I tried it myself but could not make it work...
php_memory_limit 16G
php_upload_limit 16G
post_max_size 16G

Ale

Cadet
Basta passare le variabili attraverso la GUI prima della distribuzione :) Questo è per la versione iX ufficiale di Nextcloud. Funziona a meraviglia per me e per i miei dispositivi iOS! Suggerisco di cancellare tutti i dati utente dai tuoi clienti e di raggruppare tutto> 10 milioni

View attachment 63295
Perché non funziona per me?
Ci sono altre cose che posso sistemare?
Questa cosa mi sta facendo impazzire!
Grazie