Nextcloud on Truenas scale: how to set max upload file size?

Imslow

Dabbler
Hi, I am very familiar with running a jail instance of Nextcloud 25.0.8 on TrueNAS CORE. This instance is reachable outside of my network using ACME SSL certificate and HAProxy. I am used to handling files (e.g., footages from cell phones...) way above 512MiB.
Recently, TrueNAS development team was encouraging to adopt SCALE for running containerized Nextcloud app. The version is 27.0.0 as for when this message was written. The SCALE instance was set like the CORE one, using ACME SSL certificated and HAProxy. A dedicated dataset was created for user data.
I can't find documentation explaining how to edit max upload file size parameter. Could anyone advise on the location and file to be edited?

For reference, jail instances of Nextcloud on TrueNAS CORE use to consolidate such parameters in "nextcloud.inc" file under "/usr/local/etc/nginx/conf.d/".
Then, the line was edited as follows: change client_max_body_size 512M --> client_max_body_size 16G.
Does something that easy also existed for Nextcloud SCALE app?
Thank you for your replies and suggestions. I am open to try a bunch of things, the SCALE instance is basically for testing and can be crashed without consequences, CORE remain for "production".

Imslow

Dabbler
I'am running into the same question.
Any luck finding the right solution??
Not yet. I saw that Lawrence systems was publishing a video explaining basic installation, but unfortunately eluded the hard part of such more advanced configurations.

Last edited:

Imslow

Dabbler
I believe such config options must be configured under the “Nextcloud Environment” section of the install.
Possibly, but then I have no clue on how to do so. Nextcloud is clearly explaining what variable to amend or edit. It is just that, unlike CORE implementation, I can't figure it out on SCALE when using the official app. Truechart Nextcloud app. offers this capability though.
Anyway, I raised a ticket on Jira for making such improvement available. Let's wait for future updates then.

Imslow

Dabbler
Update: I just updated the Nextcloud app to version 27.0.1_1.6.37.
The installer window now explicitly refers to Max Upload Size variable.
Thanks very much to the TrueNAS team for having made this field available!

Last edited:

Lepelot

Dabbler
Hello,
I was happy to see this post, but although I did increase the max upload size in the installer, my system still blocks any file larger than 512k.
I am a bit lost at this point!!

nestor_78

Dabbler
Hi,
tried to sync photos and videos from my Iphone to nextcould.
Lager mov-files were transfrred only partly from iphone to the nextcloud.

nextcloud 28.0.2_1.6.57
TrueNAS-22.12.3.3

Max upload size is set to 3 GB.

1707923655394.png

Mov-files far below that threshold were not transfeerred completly.

Is there another setting for sync with the nextcloud app under IOS?
Or another solution?

Best regards,
Nestor