Newbie app question

benchan76

Cadet
Hi,

a total TrueNas newbie here. I have searched the doc but couldn't find this information - at least not in a form a total newbie can understand.

I was looking at the available apps and have come across these terms: "Train: community", "Train: charts".

What is this? It looks like they have something to do with catalogues but I am not familiar with any of the terminology used / concepts.

Please help!

Thanks.

Ben

Bainnor

Dabbler
The 'Train' can be thought of as a method to group apps within a catalog, and are set by the catalog maintainers. For example the official iXsystems catalog is split into 4 trains, charts, test, community, and enterprise. You can enable one or more of these trains, and the available applications will change based on your preferred trains.

This is separate from adding additional catalogs, which will have their own maintainers and trains. As a note, iXsystems only provide support for their own truenas catalog apps, using community apps or other catalogs will require you to reach out to the developers of those apps/catalogs if you need support.

More information can be found here: