New to using Plex Server on FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Milyard

Patron
Hello,

So I have my FreeNAS 9-10.2 server setup like Joshua did. I have all my plugin installed in one jail and works fine. I am thinking changing from Kodi to Plex Server.

Where should I install Plex? Sam jail as plugins now? Or it's own?

Next either way I try I can access mnt/tank/media. I have folders in here for TVShows and Movies. However I have a second share names mnt/tank2/media. Here I have some larger media files stored. I have a SMB share to both and can access from network. However inside of Plex I can't seem to figure out how to add this tank2 media to Plex.

What am I doing wrong?

Redcoat

MVP
So, on the Plex server home page clicking the + sign next to Libraries (roll over it to get the +) doesn't allow you to use the Add Library function? If you get past that to the Add Folders page, type in the path to your tank2/media share.

Ray Milyard

Patron
So, on the Plex server home page clicking the + sign next to Libraries (roll over it to get the +) doesn't allow you to use the Add Library function? If you get past that to the Add Folders page, type in the path to your tank2/media share.

Files aren't on the FreeNAS server. They are located on my QNAP NAS. I have tried MILYARDBACKUP/Multimedia/Music

Redcoat

MVP
Oh, that was not clear above. But anyway did you not tell us in an earlier thread that you has achieved mounting the QNAP share(s) in FreeNAS?

Ray Milyard

Patron
Oh, that was not clear above. But anyway did you not tell us in an earlier thread that you has achieved mounting the QNAP share(s) in FreeNAS?

Ops I did ask that in a second post. This one I did get the tank2 to seen. Found my issue was Plex not working with ISO files. On this drive was all my 3D ISO files.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Found my issue was Plex not working with ISO files.
Yep, that will do it. It also doesn't work with VIDEO_TS folders like you can sometimes rip from DVDs.

Redcoat

MVP
Sounds like you are good on this one. If so, please mark this thread as "Solved"

Status
Not open for further replies.