New Machine / Same 10Gbe NIC and New 10Gbe NIC

afmiller

Contributor
Posting this here incase the I don't see it in the IRC channel. I seem to be having an issue with the x520 card from the old machine to the new one. I installed it. I see link lights on the card and on switch, but when I'm at the truenas console I don't see the ix0 card or ix whatever. I installed the card after I installed truenas on the new machine. Do I need to re install truenas? Thought this would have been plug and play especially since it was working on the old machine

tanjix

Dabbler
No idea what is going on on your side, but I do have the same cards in one of my TrueNAS servers with no problems at all.
If you can, you can backup your config (System --> General --> Save Config) and do a complete reinstall while the cards are already plugged in.
After that you can reimport your pools without risking any dataloss on them.

afmiller

Contributor
No idea what is going on on your side, but I do have the same cards in one of my TrueNAS servers with no problems at all.
If you can, you can backup your config (System --> General --> Save Config) and do a complete reinstall while the cards are already plugged in.
After that you can reimport your pools without risking any dataloss on them.

No luck with that. tried pciconf -lv , I didn't even see an pcie card for it

Last edited:
Is it possible you have some slot conflicts, or perhaps a slot in the new machine that doesn't like the card in question? At the least you could try rearranging which slots have which cards. I'd probably do it one card at a time.

afmiller

Contributor
Is it possible you have some slot conflicts, or perhaps a slot in the new machine that doesn't like the card in question? At the least you could try rearranging which slots have which cards. I'd probably do it one card at a time.

was doing exactly this after I posted original message. So far I found the slot that the NIC was in originally doesn’t like the NIC or HBA card. it’s on the CPU1 side of the PCI cards (X10DRH-C). I found 2 slots that work on CPU2 side. Question though. where / how can I find out what is going on with that slot?

Question though. where / how can I find out what is going on with that slot?
You can look at the manual for the motherboard to see if there are any restrictions on what cards go in what slot. My gut feeling is that there is some kind of hardware problem with the motherboard or CPU. I have seen bent pins in the CPU socket do strange things like make certain memory slots not work, etc.