I have few questions about truenas.
My machine is supermicro 3.5" 36bay e52640v4 dual 128g ram,
2 of 200G sas 12G ssd,
20 of sata 14T hdd,
1 of pci-e ssd,
2 of dual 40G nic,
1 of sas 12g external HBA card
1 of internal sas 12g raid card.

1. Is it better replace internal raid controller to HBA card for true nas?
2. I plan to use 2 ssd for true nas os, 1 pci-e ssd for write cache, 96g ram for read cache, 20 of 14T hdd for Pool. after pool made, can I add more HDD to pull with hot plug hdd to increase capacity? (back plane support hot plug)
3. 2 of dual 40G mellanox connect x 3 card will connect to 2 of MikroTik CRS326-24S+2Q+RM with have a 2 of 40g qsfp+ & 24 of 10g sfp+ for network redundancy. truenas support multi channel bandwidth aggregation?(total 160G connection and at least 80G for when one connection fail)
4. using sas 12G external HBA card, i plan to add jbod storage box. do you think truenas core support it and no limitation of capacity?
5. which sharing way is best for multiple storage client via 20g(dual 10G) network? iscsi? nfs? smb? all of client is linux.
6. finally, do you think server specification is enough for truenas system?

ChrisRJ

Wizard
Please have a look at the forum rules , which give you good guidance for initial research. A decent amount of your questions will covered there already.

Your use-case/requirements are not specific enough to determine whether your system as a whole (or parts of it) is suitable for your needs. Please provide more details.