New Guy, looking to upgrade my at home storage NAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerems

Cadet
Hello all, looking forward to getting starting on building a new NAS for a new house that I'm moving into early next year. Always been a "techy" but have been in the stone age as far as full on NAS servers / NVR's / Home Automation witch my previous dwellings haha. Currently have a Asustor AS-202TE for a few years, worked for what I needed it for and was nice having the built in HDMI output to watch movie directly.

Will be pre-wiring the new house with Cat 6/Cat 6a and hopefully building a rack mount FreeNAS with a Blue Iris or equivalent VM for IP Cameras and of course PLEX and a general home storage / backup shares. Probably go the route of single / dual older xeon (E5-2670?) with a 6-10 drive system with 64gb RAM is my initial thoughts but my mind changes pretty often haha.

Been looking at a lot of impressive builds on this site and a ton of useful information. Hopefully, eventually, I can add something useful to the conversations.

Jerems

gpsguy

Welcome to the forums!

We wish we could visit Ontario next weekend to celebrate Canada 150. Enjoy next weekend!

Jerems

Cadet
I wish I could too! Haha I'm out of country for work so I'll miss the celebration... Bummer.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.