New FreeNAS install

Status
Not open for further replies.

djdwosk97

Patron
I'm having issues with my current FreeNAS install and I have no idea why so I'm probably just going to try a fresh install. But before I switch to a new install, I wanted to know if I have to do anything first. For example, do I need to unmount the drives on this install, or....

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Negative sir. I would, however, save a "copy" of your config file (that's a function in the GUI). Reinstall FreeNAS to your boot device(s), then upload your saved config, and you should be good to go.

Unless, of course, it's your config itself which is jacked up.

djdwosk97

Patron
Negative sir. I would, however, save a "copy" of your config file (that's a function in the GUI). Reinstall FreeNAS to your boot device(s), then upload your saved config, and you should be good to go.

Unless, of course, it's your config itself which is jacked up.
I have a config saved just in case, but that may be where my problem is -- I don't know.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
For example, do I need to unmount the drives on this install, or....
You don't need to anything first, but during the install, be sure you choose the right device. You don't want to accidentally overwrite one of your data drives. Some people unplug their data drives just to be sure. After install, you can import your data pool(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.