New alert

avalon60

Guru
I have just received this email:

New alerts:
* The following system core files were found: smbd.core. Please create a ticket at https://jira.ixsystems.com/ and attach the relevant core files along with a system debug. Once the core files have been archived and attached to the ticket, they may be removed by running the following command in shell: 'rm /var/db/system/cores/*'.

Where do I find the relevant core files, as there is only smbd.core in the /cores folder
Thanks

avalon60

Guru
Aah ok, so I just attach the smbd.core file to the ticket.

avalon60

Guru
Ok, stupid question here:
How do I actually get the smbd.core file so that I can attach it to a ticket.
I can see it in a shell so how do I get it from Truenas to a folder on my computer. I tried cp, but it is not supported.
Thanks

Redcoat

MVP
Attach it and the debug with the reporting tool at System>Support

danb35

Hall of Famer
I tried cp, but it is not supported.
I'm not sure what you mean here. You can use cp (or mc) to copy it to a shared directory, which you can then access from one of your client computers. Or you can use use scp via the command line, WinSCP, or any other way you like.

avalon60

Guru
I tried cp to copy the file like I do in linux, but it is not supported in Truenas

scp smbd.core /dev/usb
cp: /dev/usb/smbd.core. Operation not supported

danb35

Hall of Famer
No, of course you can't (or shouldn't, anyway) copy a file into /dev/. You could, I guess, try to mount a USB stick (something like mount -t msdos /dev/foo /mnt/usb/), but it makes more sense to copy it over the network. Either cp /var/db/system/cores/smbd.core /mnt/poolname/sharename/, then use any of your client machines to access it; or (from a client machine) scp root@freenas:/var/db/system/cores/smbd.core /path/to/file.

avalon60

Guru
Yes I realised afterwards about copying to a poolname/sharename.
I tried cp /var/db/system/cores/smbd.core /mnt//WinShare/Films
but that returned an error:
cp: No space left on device, but I have over 5Tb space
Edit:
I copied the files to another pool and this time it was ok, no error messages.
Thanks

Last edited: