network is not ready: container runtime network not ready?

Hi everyone, i have two issues that i need help with

I had a Network issue over the weekend with my router which involved me having to factory reset my router and go through the motions of re doing all my settings, port forwarding, static ip's etc, whilst i did this the server decided it was no longer going to connect IE i couldn't access web gui, ping server, browse samba shares etc, i finally accessed it and got a database back up due to the fact i had a new SSD i was going to swap out for the old one. I got Truenas scale (latest version installed) installed and used the database backup file and it seemed to go well.

Once i got back onto the web gui i faced two issues

1 - One of my Pools Vol 5 which is a mirror of two 6 TB hard drives says it's unhealthy but shows 0 errors?

"Pool Vol5 state is ONLINE: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data corruption. Applications may be affected."​

2 - Applications - All applications are either stuck on deploying or stopped and each one i am greeted with the error

"network is not ready: container runtime network not ready: NetworkReady=false reason:NetworkPluginNotReady message:docker: network plugin is not ready: cni config uninitialized"

If it helps all apps are installed to the Vol5 pool if that's the issue of app problems?

Thanks

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Hi everyone, i have two issues that i need help with

I had a Network issue over the weekend with my router which involved me having to factory reset my router and go through the motions of re doing all my settings, port forwarding, static ip's etc, whilst i did this the server decided it was no longer going to connect IE i couldn't access web gui, ping server, browse samba shares etc, i finally accessed it and got a database back up due to the fact i had a new SSD i was going to swap out for the old one. I got Truenas scale (latest version installed) installed and used the database backup file and it seemed to go well.

Once i got back onto the web gui i faced two issues

1 - One of my Pools Vol 5 which is a mirror of two 6 TB hard drives says it's unhealthy but shows 0 errors?

"Pool Vol5 state is ONLINE: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data corruption. Applications may be affected."​

2 - Applications - All applications are either stuck on deploying or stopped and each one i am greeted with the error

"network is not ready: container runtime network not ready: NetworkReady=false reason:NetworkPluginNotReady message:docker: network plugin is not ready: cni config uninitialized"

If it helps all apps are installed to the Vol5 pool if that's the issue of app problems?

Thanks
Its hard to see how networking issues would impact Pool status... so I'd suggest focussing on that 1st. Can you access any datasets?

Its also hard to see how two independent events impacted networking...are you sure the router is set-up properly. Perhaps there needs to be a reboot. You should confirm what networking works and what does not.

Thank you for the response

I can access datasets fine over samba with no issues and add/remove files and everything seems to be fine other than it stating the error for Vol5 which i mentioned. I did a scrub and now it's stating errors 1, on both disks checksum has 2 if that means anything.

In terms of the router & truenas, the networking seems to be fine from what i can see IE i can access samba shares, i can ping the server, i can ping the router from the server in shell and i installed Librespeed but was greeted with the following after i installed it.

"0/1 nodes are available: 1 node(s) had taint {node.kubernetes.io/not-ready: }, that the pod didn't tolerate."

Also the other apps i have installed all now state

"MountVolume.MountDevice failed for volume "pvc-0bf224c5-af37-4cf6-8d76-c5fade15be58" : kubernetes.io/csi: attacher.MountDevice failed to create newCsiDriverClient: driver name zfs.csi.openebs.io not found in the list of registered CSI drivers"

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
So Kubernetes installation has been corrupted?? Which version of SCALE?

TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.4

Is there a fix for Kubernetes ideally or would i have to remove it and all the apps and start again?