netapp hardware and TrueNAS Core

sgtotaku

Cadet
I have a couple NetApp Disk Shelves, or external QSFP-based SAS enclosures, that I want to use for my TrueNAS Core install as my disk arrays. I'm also looking at an HBA card to go into the Server I will be using for the TrueNAS install. This ebay listing is the main card I'm looking at, but based on my googling, it seems first party drivers from NetApp are unavailable. Since TrueNAS is not based on windows, I'm wondering if this would be an issue, and if TrueNAS core can see the drives in an external SAS enclosure like this one. this is actually the exact model of enclosure I have.

I aim to have an iscsi portion for steam and epic games files, and a more standard networked drive portion for "cold storage," which will primarily be backups and rarely used files. I haven't settled on which of my servers I will be using for TrueNAS yet, so I'm not able to give details on that side of the hardware yet.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated and really help me figure out whats worth purchasing to get my TrueNAS experience off the ground.

Thanks!!