Need to start over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed FreeNAS 9.3 Stable and it went OK. It's on a 16GB USB 3.0 flash drive. Used the Wizard for setup. It seemed fairly easy but now i can't get access to the folder (or is it a volume?) named Docs_Pics_Videos that i created. Freenas appears as an entry under Network in Windows Explorer just as i hoped. When i open that i see the folder named Docs_Pics_Vids. But, when i try to open the folder a Windows Security dialog box opens requesting that i enter my Network username and password.
The problem is that we don't use passwords on our network! I never have to enter a username or password to access shared folders on another computer on the home network. It's simple and easy to use. Sensitive data is not shared or even stored on the network. We use the older Windows Home Networking instead of Windows Homegroup because it has better speed and also we still on occasion want to use an older Windows XP machine on the network.
I tried a few combinations of of Windows names and root with the basic password i use to access the Freenas user interface, but nothing is working; all attempts are rejected and the folder won't open.
So, how can i resolve this, please?
After failing to gain access i began reading parts of the Freenas guide and i'm bewildered by some of the terms and options for setup, many of which did not leap out at me during the setup process. I don't really even know what settings the Wizard made. for me.
I'm willing to start over fresh, but don't know how to reset everything and start again. So, hoping one of you experienced and knowledgeable persons can help!
System details:
FreeNAS 9.3
2 x 3GB WD Red hard drives.
8GB DDR3-1600 RAM.
ASRock motherboard with embedded Intel Celeron quad-core J1900 cpu @2.0GHz and Intel HD Graphics and Gigabit ethernet.
old Antec Sonata mid-tower case with 500-watt power supply.
Desired use: data storage with backup in case a drive fails. Compression and Encryptionwould both be OK provided they don't have a heavy impact on performance. Prefer direct access for both of us without needing to type usernames or passwords.
Also have 2 x 2TB Seagate Pipeline hard drives which we would like to add; one for recording and playing back TV shows via Windows Media Center and the other drive for playing back our ripped CD music collection. Neither of these drives require a backup, or compression, or encryption. Again, we'd like direct access without typingin any credentils.
The question is how to achieve this with my very limited knowledge of configuration?

Status
Not open for further replies.