Local User Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerKeife

Cadet
Hello everyone,

If you couldn't tell by where I am posting this I am a noob when it comes to freeNAS and server software in general. I have already experimented with freeNAS and Open Media Vault and have had problems with both. I chose to stick with freeNAS because Open Media Vault uses the entire hard drive I install it on and couldn't get the software to boot from a USB stick. But enough about my decision, let's get to the issue I am having.

Before I begin I did spend a few hours searching through the forum and attempting any solution or advice that other s may have given but have been unsuccessful. After following the guide and watching the videos posted on freeNAS.org, I am unable to access the folder within my CIFS share when using a local user and password authentication. I am however able to access the folder if I set the share to allow guest access. This leads me to believe I am having a permissions issue. Before I continue the computer I am attempting to access the folder from is a 64-bit Windows 7.

I followed the guides when setting up my user and my user account groups but I guess I did something incorrectly. My username is Jeremy (which matches my computer name minus the all caps) and it is user 1001. The primary group that I set up is named CompleteNetwork and I added user Jeremy to the group. I also put in my email and full name and set my directory to HomeNetwork (name of my share) and thought I was good to go.

When I open windows explorer I see the server, can access it but when I try to access the folder within a windows security box pops up and asks me for my username and password. I enter the username and password associated with user Jeremy and the box just pops right back up saying access is denied. Untitled.jpg

This post may be vague so please let me know if there is any other information that would be helpful. Anybody have any advice on what I may have screwed up?

Status
Not open for further replies.