Need help with custom docker app

PilotMan23

Cadet
I am a complete noob to TrueNAS Scale and these docker and kubernettes application packages, but it about time I start learning!

I have a box that I migrated from TrueNAS Core that I would like to figure out how to get a docker application called DroneDB (https://github.com/DroneDB), running on this device.

My 1st thought was, maybe it is in a custom repository....couldn't locate one, but I successfully setup TrueCharts. I have tired a few times to walk through the "Launch Docker Image" wizard pointing things at the github repository trying to change different setting to get things to work.

So far I have not had much luck, any/all assistance with this is greatly appreciated.
Thank You

danb35

Hall of Famer
I’m trying the same with NZBHydra.
I'm not sure why when there's a perfectly decent pre-packaged app for that from TrueCharts. But it really isn't too hard; go to Apps -> Discover -> Custom App. From there, it should be pretty much self-explanatory if you've ever looked at a docker-compose file; most likely you'll need only name, image, ports, and storage.

p33kay

Cadet
Yep. You are correct. Complete noob to scale and didn’t know about true charts. Just faound and installed. Thanks

PilotMan23

Cadet
should be pretty much self-explanatory if you've ever looked at a docker-compose file; most likely you'll need only name, image, ports, and storage.

The problem was I haven't looked at a lot of docker compose files, but @p33kay 's reply to this thread reminded me to come back and report my further fiddling with knobs had resulted in.

Once I upgraded to a more resent version of scale, the customized app area got a lot more straight forward (GUI wise). And like @danb35 suggested, once I pointed the docker app at bit of storage I carved out and permissioned for the service, the custom app is up and running as of two days ago!

I am still learning about the wonderful world of jcontainers even though I have been working with VMs for years!