Need help recovering config

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunDuPreez

Cadet
Hi guys

so running v9, seems i had auto update enabled and it downloaded the latest version. This did something funny to the USB and now it wont boot. How can i get the config off the old USB and into the new version on a new USB?

Any help would be appreciated. Please treat me as a complete novice.

Shaun

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
The directions in this post MAY help you.
Or you might try to recover your config file, IIRC the file is located in
/data/freenas-v1.db

My memory is not very good, so you might want to have someone post a
confirmation...

ShaunDuPreez

Cadet
You guys forgetting i'm a windows man, my knowledge is poor at best when it comes to UNIX/LINUX and other OS.

Redcoat

MVP

ShaunDuPreez

Cadet
Unfortunately not, found some other threads here that i am going to try tonight. Someone mentioned building the new version then using the auto recover for my raid config. Main concern is losing my data on my striped mirror set. Config and plug-ins can be redone without any issue.

wblock

Documentation Engineer
"It won't boot" describes a lot of things. With a description of the exact symptoms, it might be as easy as choosing a different boot environment. Or not, but at least we'd know if data recovery is needed.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Main concern is losing my data on my striped mirror set.
That shouldn't be a concern at all. Fresh install, quit out of the wizard, go to Storage -> Import Volume.

ShaunDuPreez

Cadet
Ill boot it tonight and get a screenshot of the error. From what i can see it tried to do an upgrade and failed. Now its simply not booting into v9 that was installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.