My smart tv cant see files from trueNAS

Crypticpower

Cadet
I have a Sony android smart tv I have made a truenas machine and set it up fine and have the access need on my windows pcs. my smart tv does not have access to the files i have added to the truenas system. The tv sees the nas but cant see the files i have added my user name and password in the program i wish to use (Nova video player and also tried VLC) but have no access, does anyone have a clue how i can get the files to show up and work?

Crypticpower

Cadet
I will add I did smb share and that's what I want the TV to see. What I setup the TV does not see on my PCs

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Have you enabled NTLMv1 Auth and SMB1 on the SMB service?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Great to hear that it's working.

Although it's working, you should know that you've opened up security holes there, so take appropriate note that devices (and malicious software) on your local network can potentially get access to the data shared there through known and not to be patched vulnerabilities in that old version of the software.

An unfortunately high proportion of "appliance" operating systems are on sufficiently old linux or other custom OS versions/variants that they don't talk to the more modern and secure versions of the SMB protocal and NTLM Auth. Apparently your TV is in that list.

Crypticpower

Cadet

Although it's working, you should know that you've opened up security holes there, so take appropriate note that devices (and malicious software) on your local network can potentially get access to the data shared there through known and not to be patched vulnerabilities in that old version of the software.

An unfortunately high proportion of "appliance" operating systems are on sufficiently old linux or other custom OS versions/variants that they don't talk to the more modern and secure versions of the SMB protocal and NTLM Auth. Apparently your TV is in that list.
I will look into it thanks again

Crypticpower

Cadet

i can not see an option in truenas that would add a password feature to this. is there another way you know of or would recommended my friend?