Smart TV/Shield/TrueNAS

MentalMinion

Dabbler
I have a Smart TV & an Nvidia Shield, what would be the best method of watching content on my big screen please you lovely people

LarsR

Guru
by content do you mean movies/sieries?
If thats the case see if your smart tv can install the plex app.
Then you could run a plex server on your truenas box and connect the tv app with the server.

MentalMinion

Dabbler
Yes, it will be a mix of normal movies/tv/xxx & music. im not familiar with plex or what it does

LarsR

Guru
a plex server is like having your own little version of netflix.
A central server where all your media is stored and distributed to devices where the plax app can be installed.

MentalMinion

Dabbler
a plex server is like having your own little version of netflix.
A central server where all your media is stored and distributed to devices where the plax app can be installed.
Thanks i shall take a look

Redcoat

MVP

MentalMinion

Dabbler
ok for a thick idiot with brain damage, what exactly do i do here. i've been looking for instructional videos to follow. but i dont see the same as what i have on screen

Redcoat

MVP
If you have TrueNAS Core, have you looked at the iXsystem's video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUF7TYV44s4 ?

EDIT - looked at you past posts - I guess you may be on TrueNAS Scale... I don't have a suggestion for that except that you post again with a specific subject line asking for a TrueNAS Scale video for Plex install.

Last edited: