My Content - not working

NugentS

MVP
Under my username in the top right there is dropdown menu, one of which is "My Content" which used to have a list of all my posts in it.
This seems to have stopped working - and hasn't been updated for some months now
?

Heracles

Wizard
Yep, I noticed that too.... For some profiles, few posts in July are mentioned but they are clearly not up-to-date....

NugentS

MVP
@Heracles
How do you do the Show thing in your sig - I thought I had tried the various options - but none of them seem to do that

Heracles

Wizard
You do it this way :smile:

When writing your post (or signature), you can add SPOILER tags. You add the title in the first SPOILER tag by adding =Title within the brackets.
By default, the interface offers you to insert inline spoiler tags. Use that and just remove the I in front of the word SPOILER.

NugentS

MVP

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
The 'Your/My Content' feature works for me, this is the first I've heard of an issue.. I cannot even guess what could be the common denominator of those affected. Although perhaps it may be in some way related to our weird cache issue?

If there were a group who reported the issue, then more triage could be done.

Heracles

Wizard
Well... Does it really work for you ?

Here, when I look at your latest content, your most recent one is

SOLVED Bastille template for Caddy

Dated back 20th of July...

Heracles

Wizard
And by the way @NugentS, the word TITLE is not required and will just show as the word TITLE in your button. You are free to keep it if that is what you wish or can remove it and keep just the spoiler tag and the name you wish for that tag.

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
Well... Does it really work for you ?

Here, when I look at your latest content, your most recent one is

SOLVED Bastille template for Caddy

Dated back 20th of July...

I guess I wasn't clear on the issue. However, I noticed that "Your Content" is a search result, so it seems likely that there is something *wrong* in whatever the forum is using for that search request. The more current 'Latest Activity' is up-to-date, so perhaps this is what that "Your Content" should actually link to, as it is more what one might expect it to be (although a relatively exhaustive list is assumed). I can look and see if there is anything involved which I can adjust that is not 'hardcoded' in any way.

UPDATE:

I looked around and cannot see anything accessible which I can adjust, although the search term given is simply the userid number, so how ever things are cached seems to be the real issue or how the search itself functions. I tried a similar search outside in the main search dropdown with the exact same results. If I could just force this item to be hidden from view (via style adjustments) it may be the best and most workable solution that doesn't involve structural template adjustment. The better solution would be to find the appropriate template, substitute 'latest activity' for it as the other seems functionally broken. I don't like to modify structural templates since on occasion things on the entire site get changed which then later means things break (or could break).

Last edited:

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
PS. This idiotic cache issue truly sucks. I edited the above post *twice* and then looked at the history to discover a "missing" edit was actually present, so I reverted to *it* instead of my more concise re-edit.

NugentS

MVP
July 16th is the last entry in "my content"

jgreco

Resident Grinch
PS. This idiotic cache issue truly sucks. I edited the above post *twice* and then looked at the history to discover a "missing" edit was actually present, so I reverted to *it* instead of my more concise re-edit.

If that's your only caching complaint, consider yourself lucky.

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
If that's your only caching complaint, consider yourself lucky.
I dunno.. other caching issues seem less trouble than not seeing, even after refreshes, your own edited post... which then appears in the history for that post and that is truly odd.

The cache issue is definitely aggravating.. nothing updates (properly) to reflect actions taken. I hope some real positive actual change happens in relation to the cache situation before too long.

Heracles

Wizard
Good news, the Your Content feature is back and now returns everything.

NugentS

MVP
Yay (and confirmed)