SOLVED Moving unencrypted data to an encrypted pool

leprejohn

Cadet
Hello, so a few months ago I upgraded my storage and added new drives, when I created my new pool I didn't encrypt the pool at the time. Last night I decided it was time to encrypt the pool.

I created a replication task and moved all of the data from the pool onto another drive, I then export/destroyed the data on my pool. I created a new pool and encrypted the pool once I had made it.

Now when I created a new replication task to move the data back onto the pool I get an error:

Code:
Task State
Error
Destination dataset 'Lyrah' already exists and is it's own encryption root. This configuration is not supported yet. If you want to replicate into an encrypted dataset, please, encrypt it's parent dataset.
Logs
[2021/02/20 12:42:57] ERROR    [replication_task__task_1] [zettarepl.replication.run] For task 'task_1' non-recoverable replication error ReplicationError("Destination dataset 'Lyrah' already exists and is it's own encryption root. This configuration is not supported yet. If you want to replicate into an encrypted dataset, please, encrypt it's parent dataset.")

I was just hoping there would be a way to move this data onto my pool.

Thanks, Leprejohn

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Are you trying to replicate into the root dataset? The root dataset is reserved. You'll have to replicate into a daughter dataset.

leprejohn

Cadet
Are you trying to replicate into the root dataset? The root dataset is reserved. You'll have to replicate into a daughter dataset.

I'm an idiot, the files are now copying across that I've not selected the root dataset, I created a child set and it's copying across fine.

Thank you very much for the help Samuel :)