Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkme

Contributor
OK, I need your help guys,

I did (trust is the actually dataset and trustme is the future/target dataset):

zfs snapshot -r trust/nextclouddataset@relocate

then

zfs send -R trust/nextclouddataset@relocate | zfs receive -v trustme/nextclouddataset

and it copies and creates the new dataset just fine, when I then change the storage on the nextcloud jail, start the jail and the nextcloud plugin, it somehow doesn't upload the phone data anymore, every upload fails.

putting it back to the source trust, it works just fine, sigh, help ;-)

Maybe but didn't try:

zfs get -rH -o name -s received mountpoint trustme/nextclouddataset | xargs -I {} sh -c "zfs set mountpoint=/{} {}; zfs mount {};"

Update: will try later again, couldn't find anything on google why my way wouldn't work. Will post the progress.

Update and need help: I tried back and forward, made a picture with the new dataset, upload failed. changed back to the old dataset, retried failed upload and worked just fine.

What is missing to move the nextcloud dataset??

Last edited:

scrappy

Patron
Are you using the same jail storage destination paths between old and new datasets? The way you explain your problem it seems like Nextcloud cannot see the path of your new dataset.

dirkme

Contributor
Are you using the same jail storage destination paths between old and new datasets? The way you explain your problem it seems like Nextcloud cannot see the path of your new dataset.

Thanks for your reply.

Here is what i found out and it is working now just fine

1.) zfs snapshot -r trust/nextclouddataset@relocate (makes the snapshot form the source)

2.) zfs send -R trust/nextclouddataset@relocate | zfs receive -v trustme/nextclouddataset (zfs copies the snapshot to the destination

Then, change the storage from the nextcloud jail to the new storage and you are fine.

I had a corrupted volume and it took me time to figure out that the actually 3.5" case, holding my 2 x 1 TB 2.5" Hdds was defective causing lots of errors.

Took the drives out connected them right o the sata cable , let them re-silver and after that the new storage worked just fine. No other stepes needed.

Redcoat

MVP
How do I mark this post solved?

1. Click on Thread Tools (found above the first post in thread) -> Edit Title
2. Select SOLVED in the Prefix dropdown menu
3. Save changes

Status
Not open for further replies.