Moving a Jail plugin to another Freenas setup

marxtinus2

Cadet
Hi community, I have a Jail in my freenas 11.2 that requires a lot of tweeking and config to work the way I like it to work. OpenVPN config firewall setting and else. Is it possible to replicate this setup in another instance of freenas or I need to rebuild it from scratch?

gt2416

Patron
You can create a backup of your jail with iocage export <jail name> and import that file (along with the key file it generates) with iocage import <jail name>

ccav

Dabbler
Ťhank you

YaMoef

Cadet
Hello, I want to upgrade my FreeNas server, but I would like to start from a clean build and a newer version, is it possible to export jails across different versions? Or am I better off starting from scratch? Thank you.

sretalla