[MOVED TO GENERAL/INSTALLATION] "Operation not permitted" when importing additional boot disk pool

eysimir

Dabbler
Hi! I'm new to TrueNAS and FreeBSD and I'm preparing my new home / small office NAS for the first time. I followed irTwits guide in this thread to install a 32GB partition of TrueNAS on a 250 GB SSD and then manually adding a new partition and pool of the remaining space. My goal is to use this pool for plugins, jails and non-critical data. I know it's unsupported, but it seemed straight forward and I thought I'd give it a try. It would be great to be able to use the majority of the boot disk for more than the system.

I have no issues installing TrueNAS this way without a swap partition, but unfortunately I run into an issue installing TrueNAS with a swap partition (which is what I would like to do).

When importing the manually created pool of the remaining space from the TrueNAS GUI, there are three console messages (time stamp removed):
Code:
... truenas.local savecore 1431 - - /dev/ada0p3: Operation not permitted
... truenas.local savecore 1514 - - /dev/ada0p3: Operation not permitted
... truenas.local savecore 1521 - - /dev/ada0p3: Operation not permitted

Note that the message refers to ada0p3, which in this case is the swap partition and not the manually created fourth partition ada0p4. It seems to me that these operations should be executed on ada0p4 but somehow were pointed to ada0p3 instead. This would explain why the installation works fine when installing without the swap partition (where the manually created partition actually becomes ada0p3 and not ada0p4).
Code:
=>       40  488397088  ada0  GPT  (233G)
         40     532480     1  efi  (260M)
     532520   33554432     3  freebsd-swap  (16G)
   34086952   67108864     2  freebsd-zfs  (32G)
  101195816  387201312     4  freebsd-zfs  (185G)
Code:
  pool: boot-pool
 state: ONLINE
config:

NAME        STATE    READ WRITE CKSUM
        boot-pool   ONLINE      0     0     0
          ada0p2    ONLINE      0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

pool: evo
 state: ONLINE
config:

NAME        STATE    READ WRITE CKSUM
        evo         ONLINE      0     0     0
          ada0p4    ONLINE      0     0     0

errors: No known data errors
What can I do about this?
Is there any way to find out what these messages mean, and if they are significant or not?
How likely is it that this will have any impact on the system at all, or specifically on the mirrored pool I'm about to install for my critical data?

Any help is appreciated!
Thank you!

sretalla