Supermicro X8DT3
2- X5570 Xeon CPU
132Gb ECC Mem
3- 2TB on vDev - built in LSI
4- 3TB on vDev - Add in LSI 2008
4- 4TB on vDev - Add in
8 Apps
2 VM's

It's an older server, and I had to get plug in LSI card to handle drives bigger than 2TB, but it's pretty solid.
Big 4U chassis with 3x 80mm fans to move the air. A lot quieter than these 1U or 2U systems with the screamer 40mm fans.
I have to deal with those at work. Don't need the jet engines in my house, thank you.
Had to put on some active coolers recently - original setup had passive heatsinks on the CPU's that relied on an internal shroud to get airflow to them from the fans.
This OS change really gave these poor procs a cooking. Don't quite understand why, but the issue is solved now.

Used to have this all on XCP-NG hypervisor with the drive controllers on PCI passthrough to XigmaNAS VM.
Decided to move it to TN because I was tired of fighting with the passthrough every time I moved a card, and this allows for better integration of the VMs/Apps.

A bit of a learning curve. I actually prefer the reporting of XN. Easier access to the logs and HW reports, but I'm learning.
I had started with Core, but had an issue with vCPU's when trying to build a VM. Research got me to Scale (still had same issue) but found instructions for editing one of the .py files to get around that. Still not sure if I prefer Jails over Apps... but the apps method seems to have more options.

This Kubernetes thing is weird though. Could not for the life of me figure out how to access any of the containers outside of the TN GUI. One reason why I have two VM's running - couldn't figure out how to add VPN to an app.

I think the instructions for VM's need to include the setting up of a bridge for access to the main storage pools. Took me a bit to figure out why I couldn't see them and find that information.

I would like to see better reporting ability in the GUI. Some things are hard to find, or just plain missing.
Overall, I think this will make things easier. I like to play around with things so the VM access is important. That way I don't kill off my data pools by accident. ;)