Missing TrueNas Scale services after update from Core

Neillman

Cadet
Hello everyone.
After i made an update from Core to Scale my services list is smaller. Some services I configured are now missing like VPN
Can anyone know what is the problem / solution for this?

Attachments

• Captura de ecrã 2023-12-30 011154.png
    Captura de ecrã 2023-12-30 011154.png
    285.5 KB · Views: 40

danb35

Hall of Famer

GyulaMasa

Dabbler

danb35

Hall of Famer
NoVNC has never been a service in any version of TrueNAS. The services that were removed were largely replaced with apps, as described at the first link you quoted.

GyulaMasa

Dabbler
NoVNC has never been a service in any version of TrueNAS. The services that were removed were largely replaced with apps, as described at the first link you quoted.
I understand that but the Apps are also broken now, because the bridge interface is buggy.
So, technically speaking, they have been removed because there is no easily working solution is available.
Also, if they removed the VNC support, why did not they remove the "Display" button from the VMs detailed sheet?
It is confusing, because one can think that it is there to show an image, but it just does not do anything.

danb35

Hall of Famer
I understand that but the Apps are also broken now, because the bridge interface is buggy.
Apps are by no means universally broken. "It doesn't work for me" does not equate to "technically speaking, they have been removed."

As to NoVNC for VMs, that's a completely orthogonal question and has noting to do with moving certain services to apps. My understanding is that the VM consoles are now handled using SPICE, but as I don't run VMs under SCALE I couldn't speak further to that.

danb35

Hall of Famer
If you are not interested in, "me, bitching about things, seemingly only I think just to be a problem", feel free to skip reading it!
I'm not here to defend iX, but nothing in this wall of text--not a single word--has anything to do with the subject of this thread. Were you just looking for a place to rant?

GyulaMasa

Dabbler
I'm not here to defend iX, but nothing in this wall of text--not a single word--has anything to do with the subject of this thread. Were you just looking for a place to rant?
YOu are right, removed the post.