Missing datasets

Status
Not open for further replies.

boolean

Cadet
So here is my story. I needed to shutdown my server just for 5 minutes (moved it to a better location). No big deal right? Well, after that I couldn't reach my server anymore.

So I grabbed a monitor and a keyboard and went to see what was up. Turns out that the configuration had errors so the boot aborted. Tried to resolve that but gave up. So I reinstalled freenas.

Once installed I loaded my most recent config. Turns out that I hadn't exported my config in a while because I had to redo a lot of settings.

I've taken care of that but there is one thing remaining.

I have two datasets missing on the web interface. I can list them with zfs list and access the files. But I want to be able to see them in the web interface again.

When I try to add a new dataset it complains that it already exists - which is of course true.

How do I solve this?

ProtoSD

MVP
Hi Boolean,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. You gotta hate it when you just plan to do something so simple and end up having to hassle with 20 other things!

Anyway, have you tried "Auto Import"? You may need to export your entire pool from the GUI first and then do "Auto-Import". That should pick up your datasets. I had some situation where my datasets disappeared and I was in a bit of shock, but they 'auto-magically' came back (sorry I don't remember the situation).

See if any of that helps!

boolean

Cadet
Sorry to hear you're having trouble. You gotta hate it when you just plan to do something so simple and end up having to hassle with 20 other things!

Yeah, it sucked. I was just moving it approximately 2 meters and then ended up having to reinstall.

Anyway, have you tried "Auto Import"? You may need to export your entire pool from the GUI first and then do "Auto-Import". That should pick up your datasets. I had some situation where my datasets disappeared and I was in a bit of shock, but they 'auto-magically' came back (sorry I don't remember the situation).

See if any of that helps!

I have tried auto-import. Doesn't work. Could you explain how I export my entire pool? Can't find that option anywhere.

ProtoSD

MVP
On the left hand side, Storage->Volumes->View All Volumes

In the list on the right, at the top of the list should be your storage pool. There's an Icon with a red X, click that, don't check the box that says 'wipe disks'! ;-)

boolean

Cadet
Thank you so much protosd. All my datasets are now visible to me in the GUI.

ProtoSD

MVP
Thank you so much protosd. All my datasets are now visible to me in the GUI.

I'm very glad to hear that, thanks for letting me know. I hope you don't experience anymore strange problems with your NAS! :smile:

Tack

Pancackewaffle

Dabbler
I know this is an old thread but I am having the same problem on 11.1-U5
The two Jails are there but no datasets in the GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.