missing zfs datasets after changing the system dataset

Status
Not open for further replies.

zambanini

Patron
maybe it is unrelated to moving the system dataset, but that was the last thing I did when freenas lost the sub datasets on this tank and I had to reboot (cifs, syslog stopped then)

1. #zfs list
  2. #zpool status
  3. #zpool iostat -v 5
  4. #zfs list -r tank1
output is on http://pastebin.com/RtzENp5q

I am running freenas 9.2.16 nightly, had to move files to another zfs pool for a pool defrag.

since only two datasets where not moved, I did somethign stupid..I changes the system dataset in the web user interface.

a few seconds after that, cifs sharing stopped, syslog said soemthing about killing syslogd.

so i rebooted the freenas box at the same time (yes - stupid) - while the box was offline I changed the l2arc device without removing it first

I imported the pool manually:
The devices below are missing, use '-m' to import the pool anyway: gpt/log0 [log]
cannot import 'tank1': one or more devices is currently unavailable
#zpool import -f -m tank1
#zpool remove tank1 5494113224161738264

the web interface shows tank1 without datasets, the above pastebin was the result of some snooping around. yes, i have a backup..expect one directory on a dataset, which would be nice if I get it back.

every input is welcome, even if cyberdog will laugh at me.

zambanini

Patron
so - I setup another machine with two pools, and the same nightly build, when I move the system datasets, the other zfs datasets are away too.

J

jkh

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0b330ire67
If i move the system dataset, the orignal destion zpool was no more zfs datasets.

I guess we're having language difficulties here. The way I read the above, you're saying that if you move the system dataset to another pool, all of your zfs datasets disappear - the origin pool is effectively destroyed. That's nothing I've ever seen, so again, I have to say that I can't reproduce this (and I have moved the system dataset around many times as part of testing that functionality).

Again, let's take this to a bug report (the forum is not a substitute for using the bug reporting system) and also list the precise set of steps required to reproduce this (from the very beginning, including installation and multi-pool layout, to the actual point where the origin pool is destroyed). Otherwise, there's nothing to be done.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I won't add firefox addons.. sorry. So no, I'm not viewing your screenshot.

no_connection

Patron
I have no problem seeing the screenshot, and the addon is just a screenshot tool for Firefox which generated the screenshot in the first place, not something you need to view it.
*edit* Attached from http://awesomescreenshot.com/0b330ire67

Attachments

• 5063162.png
    5063162.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 254

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

danb35

Hall of Famer
Or, in Windows, the Print Screen key (maybe Alt+PrtScr) will take a screen shot to your clipboard. You can then paste it into MSPaint or whatever other graphics app you want. On a Mac, Cmd-Shift-3 will take a complete screen shot; Cmd-Shift-4 will let you select an area or an entire window.

Status
Not open for further replies.