Migrate Nextcloud from warden to iocage

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedix

Dabbler
It seems I've updated something in my warden Nextcloud that now prevents mysql from starting. I get an error indicating a problem using "fdatasync" which from searching indicates that I need to move to a later freebsd jail version (iocage). Rendering Nextcloud useless for now.

Great.

The problem is that I want to at least get a good dump of mysql so I'm not "starting from scratch." Is it possible to get to a state where I can dump the dB's? I'd need the database to rebuild everything in iocage.

Stuck. Help?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad

beedix

Dabbler
@dlavigne No, so far I can't get the DB backed up.

@Jailer Will mysqldump execute without the database service running?
Code:
root@nextcloud:/mnt/tmp/NextCloudBackup/MySQLDump # mysqldump --all-databases > ./dump.sql
mysqldump: Got error: 2002: "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2 "No such file or directory")" when trying to connect

Thanks for the documentation link. It looks like there is a way to dump all databases which I guess I would need to do since I can't "see" what databases are named without the service running.

Last edited:

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Run it from the root of your jail.

ETA: Are you running the plugin or a manual install?

Last edited:

beedix

Dabbler
@Jailer Manual install.

I ran across another thread before you replied and I followed the instructions. My jail is now running mariadb again and the jail now runs nextcloud just as it had without any data loss.

Code:
portsnap fetch
portsnap extract
cd /usr/ports/databases/mariadb101-server/
make deinstall
make install clean ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_SYSTEM=true

I was hoping to wait until iocage was fully baked into the freenas UI before converting over. Not so much for the convinience, just so I know whatever manual things I do will be compatible\recognized with the updated UI. I'm a bit on the fence as I've had a few jail issues on warden with updates. Hopefully we aren't too far off and I can hold off a bit longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.