Me too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarryB

Cadet
My obligatory introduction :)

I was trying to clean up my area a bit and reduce the number of boxes and chords and all the duplicates of files I've accumulated over time. I thought maybe a NAS would help with the file duplicates and so when researching FreeNAS, I was snatched by the idea of also being able to run VMs easily on the same box. SO, all excited, I built yet another box :D ...and here I am.

This is actually the first time I've used freebsd though I have used many flavors of linux, OSX and windows. FreeNAS seems to be doing everything I could want but I'm beginning to run into a few things, some directly related to FreeNAS - or the web interface, anyway. My most pressing concerns currently are all about bhyve, I believe. (specifically with windows10 machines having memory issues and video resolution in X on a Mint box) And so, I'm signing up where I think I can gain knowledge. I expect I'll find myself following the bhyve threads here but suggestions of any other sources that are particularly helpful will be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.