Mapping the drive / cant see it at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fregor

Dabbler
Hey im having bit of a weird issue here
i am quite new to the freenas system but i got it up and running a week ago.. then last nite i started transfering 1.2tb of files to the hdd on my nas.. now heres my issue when i got back from work it had transfered the first 200gb and said that i needed permissions?

ok then i tried go in checked permissions i even set them again to be sure... yet after this i cant do any thing i did also reboot system and login again issue persist... ive rebooted every system in between eg.. the nas.. the pcs and the router

i have following

Freenas 8.0.4
2 windows pc with W7

and after this none of the pcs can see it even thoug i can ping it and acces it throug FTP sharing and now CIFS
ive been gettin system error 64 has occurred. the specified network name is no longer available

-in the end i got so frustrated i just factory reset it all and imported the volume
--yet i cannot see the server on my local network

-ive been using the past 5-6 hours figuring this out also tried the IRC chat but no response there

any one who can help me.. maby you seen a guide out there setting it up throug CIFS and hes even mapping it ?

please help
/Fregor

Fregor

Dabbler
Apparently i finally found a guide
http://medicblog.net/?p=308

following it step by step i fixed the issue
im feeling so stupid i missed this one step to write \\freenas in run
T_T well there you go noob me being a noob

Status
Not open for further replies.