Main pool completely full, help

Krystalll

Cadet
Hello all,

I am relatively new to using Truenas and have been using it for a few months now as a NAS, Plexserver, and FTP server for my camera. I am running version
TrueNAS-13.0-U4.

Unfortunately, I only have a 1TB main pool where all this data lives and eventually the camera wrote to the drive until it was completely full with 0 B left. Now, I can no longer access my share through windows using SMB. I've tried removing the drive and plugging it in somewhere else to try and delete some unneeded data, but couldn't.

I can access the truenas web interface just fine, but accessing the SMB share via IP is no longer possible. Is there any way to get into the data and delete some so that the drive isn't completely maxed out? I believe after that, the SMB shares and everything else will work as normal. Right now though, plex and SMB doesn't work. I imagine the camera can't write to it either so I've had to set that to use the internal SD card instead.

I do have an additional pool in there, could that be the savior since they are both 1TB drives?

Thanks

Attachments

• Truenas.png
    Truenas.png
    54 KB · Views: 72

Krystalll

Cadet
Quick update: WinSCP to the rescue....

Connected to the share via FTP and deleted unneeded files. Got around 250 gigs of free space now, rebooted the server and SMB/Plex functionality is restored. Hope this helps anyone that happens to land in a similar situation.

You might need to go in via a shell prompt and move (mv) or remove (rm) some things. So use GUI and open a shell from the left menu. Then something along lines of
Code:
cd /mnt/POOLNAME/DATASET
ll
rm filename.ext filename1.ext
#or move stuff to different pool using mv
mv filename1.ext /mnt/OTHERPOOL/DATASET/