MacOs and Smb Issues - state of elevation ?

tiberiusQ

Contributor
Hi,

There are a bunch of issues, also critical ones regarding the experience for users who have to work with it.
I could name them here but you know what I mean, just check the forum ;-)

The implementations of smb into Mac seems to be often the problem but I cannot believe that it is always the case and it looks that zfs adds an extra layer of complexity to it...I don't know.

So I would like to ask here the community and Truenas;

Does apple make smb things better with Sonoma, I couldn't find any related relaese logs ?
Is anybody able to share Mac experiences working with MSserver and or Synolgy (smb) ?

What about the awareness and state of fixing those issues and when to expect them @anodos ?

I hope you do not get me wrong but my Mac users stress the shit out of me ;-)

Thx & Best

tiberiusQ

Contributor
No answer from Truenas and the Community is also an answer ;-(

Are these optimations also recommended for us Truenas users ?

asap2go

Patron
Hi,

There are a bunch of issues, also critical ones regarding the experience for users who have to work with it.
I could name them here but you know what I mean, just check the forum ;-)

The implementations of smb into Mac seems to be often the problem but I cannot believe that it is always the case and it looks that zfs adds an extra layer of complexity to it...I don't know.

So I would like to ask here the community and Truenas;

Does apple make smb things better with Sonoma, I couldn't find any related relaese logs ?
Is anybody able to share Mac experiences working with MSserver and or Synolgy (smb) ?

What about the awareness and state of fixing those issues and when to expect them @anodos ?

I hope you do not get me wrong but my Mac users stress the shit out of me ;-)

Thx & Best
Are you running Core?