SOLVED LSI 9300 flash failed any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neverfinder

Dabbler
Hi there, as stated here, I have a big problem with my new NAS... LSI not working

I wanted to post here as my follow up problem is hardware specific to flashing a LSI card... (Broadcom SAS 9300-8i, PCIe 3.0 x8 (LSI00344))

I tried two computers after the first one wouldn't budge at all. The results on both in EFI or normal are the same:

Any hints what could be the problem?

iKVM_capture.jpg

iKVM_capture (1).jpg

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
In the first case, it looks as though the sas3flsh program cannot find the firmware file. If the file actually exists in the current working directory from which sas3flsh was executed, this may be because of the long filename you gave it. Try renaming it with an '8.3' filename (e.g., 93008iit.bin and see if that works.

In the second case, the same filename problem may apply: I thought that UEFI shells could handle longer filenames, but 'm not certain about that.

neverfinder

Dabbler
Thanks a lot! I tried it again with 93008iit.bin and it didn't work. I then tried 9300it.bin and it actually worked! I really don't get why the official name when downloading the file is so long if it's such a problem...

I have, however, another small problem. I attached all 8 drives and only 5 are showing up. I rechecked the cabling and realised that the three drives that are missing are all WD drives. (Bought from three different dealers)

I tried attaching them to the Mainboard, but they still don't show up. What could it be? Do they have to be initialized or formatted before use? Next I will take them home and try them in my USB enclosure or directly in my computer.

They are Western Digital 10TB DC HC510 SATA 6Gb/s (Ultrastar Data Center Hard Drive) - HUH721010ALE600 / US7SAL100

Last edited:

neverfinder

Dabbler
As posted here. The Solution was quite simple. The Power Disable Feature (P3). I used older SATA Power connectors without the 3v and it worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.