Definitive Firmware Version for LSI SAS 9300-8i

pechkin000

Explorer
Hi.

I am building a new Freenas server for an offsite back up of our existing backups. In my previous builds I used and flashed older cards in pre UFI days. I just purchased an LSI SAS 9300-8i and I cant seem to find a definitive answer to what version of firmware I need to flash. I see a lot of discussion on downgrading.
Would someone be able to provide a link to a guide as to the process of flashing this card into IT mode and what version of the firmware would be my best bet. I rmeber that it was an easy process both under freebsd and with a dos boot disk, but I cant seem to find any up-to-date guides with references to firmware I need for this specific card
I would appreciate any input on this.
Thanks!

pechkin000

Explorer
You are my hero!!! Thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for. I don't know how I missed it!

Redcoat

MVP
So glad you found it helpful.

pechkin000

Explorer
One quick question... Is it safe to just use the latest version of the firmware, this is one part not covered by the guide. In the guide it suggests latest version, but specific to my card I see a lot of posts discussing downgrading firmware etc... Current firmware version for my card (LSI SAS 9300-8i ) is 16 however in most posts I see regarding my card I see references to version 9 or below. Is there a place where I can check to see recommended versions?
Thanks again fro your help!