Lost web GUI after update to current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaFox

Explorer
I had a fully functioning system of 9.2.1(.1?) and attempted an update to the new 9.2.1.4 and now I've lost the web GUI. The system boots and the jails still seem to be working (haven't checked the CIFS shares yet), but I just get 404'd on the address of the system itself. There's something going on with nginx I think. I see some errors come up during boot but they scroll by too fast for me to read, and when I'm on the console options screen it no longer says I can browse to an IP address to get the web GUI login.

I tried to check the dmesg.boot log after reading a few other threads here but the log seems to cut off before it gets to the part I want to see.

warri

Guru
You can redirect the dmesg output to a file, and retrieve it via CIFS or SSH:
Code:
dmesg > /mnt/<pool>/<filename>

You can also find more log files either on the .system data set on your main pool (if enabled) or in /var/log.

SeaFox

Explorer
I've decided the issue is something in my settings.

I reflashed the FreeNAS thumb drive with a fresh install of 9.2.1.4 when I realized I had a backup of my settings on my main PC. It was working, I could access the GUI and everything of course after that... until I tried to restore my settings. After the system rebooted the second time (after the uploaded conf was applied) I was back to the same state. So it wasn't an issue with Nginx itself. The saved settings were actually from when I was still using 9.1 so whatever the problem in the configuration, it existed long before I did the update today, but the earlier 9.2 releases of FreeNAS seemed to put up with it.

warri

Guru
Alright, hope you don't have too much trouble reconfiguring your system :) Good luck!

SeaFox

Explorer
It is possible to get the Plugin manifest to restore from the jails section? I managed to bring my two hard drives back on line and I can still start/stop the jails -- the services themselves are working again. But the web admin no longer lists the Jails that were running official plug-ins under the Service -> Plugins section. FreeNAS's settings that I'm rebuilding must have included that I'm sure. But I don't see any way to add a working jail back into that list so I can control it with the applicable plug-in GUI settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.