Lost iSCSI Data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EQNish

Dabbler
I shut down my FreeNAS system a few months ago due to having to move, I have recently got the opportunity to start everything back up and when I went to connect to the iSCSI LUNs I had errors and issues. in FreeNAS 11.1 the shares are listed and appear to still be setup correctly, but I can not access any data that should be on them. The storage capacity is shy roughly the amount of space eating by my data on the iSCSI LUNs.
I can not find my data anywhere, and am looking for help\ideas as to where I need to go\what i should do.

zfs list -t all -r returns information making me believe my data is still there, just maybe not "linked" any more;
y4mJEJ1Wi8UwqNQTkjrfwSDpQtpkMkxZuIuWxU79921xtPN6Ou-o1dltM8Jke46VZ8VmgjdyH1LfNfcAx48J2lR_SlK_0DZIozTjh52fokrEWl_z5Yohn5TxE8iVzSaHxZ1oDVs2g2UtgOQMGtmc2SsmQoTR1YEvBPHwwozHglpGmW3PyvTNvsj0_wNrn49sXjj3fGhifvyblT3Nhi9l4Wisg

y4mner_6OOx_itt9iniXKKUpJHwAk0oLarzY5BxYH4YRhsm2Bir7srNugGv1ZjARzgYzBbCX6h5vWyQBmJo5aTUTlA5Wg7UnpbpamZtlS6wyzEyW9eJ6eB3n5K0q18wy_Iy1no0v3AxHxtnDD1cx45IfgwDMwfSwitTlYFdTNQawXkaIBDj14h0KNyXn2tJ4gJWzEvAQeIQ1CXXaBqgJ1E9Mw

s!Anhz8hKyVM_OoSvs9HlAl5URCWq2

Last edited by a moderator:

kdragon75

Wizard
Ok I see the three zvols and the Extents mapped to the zvols. Are the targe-extent mappings still there? Are your initiators still seeing FreeNAS? Are the LUNs just not showing up? Its a zols over iSCSI so you won't see a folder and you will need to connect to the LUNs via iSCSI using something that will read what ever filesystem is on the zvol, but I think you know that. (just gotta cover the bases). I see one is labeled hyperv0 (I'm sorry you using that ;)) so im guessing thats NTFS or ReFS... Should be mountable by Win2012R2 or 2016...

On a side note, thats a nice collection of boot environments ya got thr :rolleyes:

EQNish

Dabbler
This is my Lab environment, I do a lot of Hyper V work and like to have at least a similar environment, 3 HyperV hosts clustered with a quorum and 3 Vmware hosts.
my hosts see the iscsi Luns, but can not read the data\FS on them. teh Hyperv0 Lun would be NTFS and the VM lun should be vmfs.
one thing that is curious is the path to Extent should be similar accros all 3 luns... \mnt\pool0\iSCSI0\hyperv0, \mnt\pool0\iSCSI0\VMware0, \mnt\pool0\iSCSI0\quorum
but they are not. The data here is not SUPER important... but the time it took me to build the 30+ VMs will be, if I have to start over so I was hoping it would be a simple fixlike reattaching a symbolic link or something

kdragon75

Wizard
Blow away the iscsi config and rebuild it. Your data will be unaffected by this and ESXi won't care if the LUN SN changes as the VMFS has its own signatures. That is odd. I didn't catch that the extents were pointing to /mnt/pool0/iSCSI0/iscsi and not /mnt/pool0/iSCSI0/iscsi.vm

kdragon75

Wizard
Ok now I'm looking closer.. are you using zvols or files? If your using zvols the path should be /dev/zvol/pool0/zvolname. Your zfs list output seems to be showing zvols. I'm confused.:confused:

EQNish

Dabbler
Ok now I'm looking closer.. are you using zvols or files? If your using zvols the path should be /dev/zvol/pool0/zvolname. Your zfs list output seems to be showing zvols. I'm confused.:confused:

Yeah, I'm confused as well... and I don't remember if the original build was zvols or file... Ithink it was file, but honestly I can't remember... of not thouhg Is I can not find any files on the filesystem that might be said container

kdragon75

Wizard
Yeah try redoing the iscsi extents and select device, see if they show up. If they do make sure the target is mapped to the correct extent and try rescanning you luns/datastores

EQNish

Dabbler
OK, so I did recreate the luns, and my HV lun is there and the VMs intact... But the VMware side of the house is not as good. Vmware sees the lun, and see a VMFS filesystem on, but it will not add the data store, actually causes vmware to choke. I'm going to CLI into vmware and see if I cna figure out more from that side

kdragon75

Wizard
In some cases the vmfs will show up as a snapshot volume. You can correct this via the ESXi shell. I forget the commands but I have ran into this as well. Sounds like a little more work and you should be up and running!

Status
Not open for further replies.