Looking for documentation on creating Apps

simdim

Explorer
Hi All,
I have a couple of node.js applications that I want to move from running on VM in proxmox into TrueNAS app. They are made into docker containers already but how do I integrate them into ecosystem (with config screen etc)?

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
Hey @simdim

Glad to see that you'd like to help us out with developing some Apps for TrueNAS SCALE!

SCALE uses Helm charts to provision its applications - we have some reference material on the TrueNAS-specific changes needed on our Github site here:

Developing Helm Charts themselves isn't covered here, but rather in the official Helm developer reference:

Cheers!

caylakling

Cadet
In the TrueNAS web interface, navigate to the "Apps" section and search for the TrueNAS App that allows you to manage Docker containers. Install and enable the app.

abraham_v

Dabbler
Hello @simdim ,

This is not what you asked for, but have you seen this part of the docs?

The above is a link on how to add your own app to TrueNAS scale. I don't think you can share the resulting app, but if nothing else, it will help you validate if you app works properly within TrueNAS without needing to learn Kubernetes+Helm charts. (At least, that's my impression of the docs).

-Abraham V.