I get:

Code:
Stop.																		  
make: stopped in /usr/ports/devel/gmake										

===>>> make build failed for devel/gmake										
===>>> Aborting update														

===>>> Update for devel/gmake failed											
===>>> Aborting update  

I did disable "TESTS" on the first screen.

a) How do I fix this problem?

b) how do I "clean out" a jail and start over? So far I've just been creating new jails.

c) I created the new jails from the GUI, but I see people referring to creating jails from the command line using iocage. Should I be doing the latter?

Last edited:

alwu

Dabbler
sorry, i don't know how to fix your problem, but this how i was able to get lms running on freenas 11.1-u4. these are the steps i followed.
  1. created a logitechmediaserver_1 jail via the gui.
  2. added my music dataset as storage.
  3. ssh into the freenas server.
  4. use jls to find the jail number for logitechmediaserver_1.
  5. jexec <lms jail number> tcsh
  6. pkg update
  7. pkg upgrade
  8. pkg install portmaster
  9. portsnap fetch extract
  10. setenv ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_SYSTEM 1
  11. portmaster audio/logitechmediaserver
  12. selected flac and lame support on the first screen and disabled tests. kept the defaults for the remaining screens.
  13. echo 'logitechmediaserver_enable="YES"' >> /etc/rc.conf
  14. service logitechmediaserver start
b) i don't know how to clean out a jail and start over. like you, i create new jails. to really start fresh, use an unused jail name.

c) warden jails created via the gui are the old way and will eventually get replaced with iocage. warden jails get created with freebsd 11.0 which may cause compatibility issues with freebsd ports. you may get a warning message like this. "Ports Collection support for your FreeBSD version has ended, and no ports are guaranteed to build on this system. Please upgrade to a supported release." i did step #10 to get around this. or you can create an iocage jail and specify a newer freebsd release that will work with the ports.

swinches

Cadet
I am on Freenas 11.2. I created a 11.1 jail through the GUI and added storage however after following alwu's steps exactly I get these errors:

pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/Class/XSAccessor.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/Class/XSAccessor/Array.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/Class/XSAccessor/Heavy.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/Changes.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/Const/GetInfo/ANSI.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/Const/GetInfo/ODBC.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/Const/GetInfoReturn.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/Const/GetInfoType.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/DBD.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/DBD/Metadata.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/DBD/SqlEngine.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/DBD/SqlEngine/Developers.pod:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/DBD/SqlEngine/HowTo.pod:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/FAQ.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/Gofer/Execute.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/Gofer/Request.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/Gofer/Response.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/Gofer/Serializer/Base.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/Gofer/Serializer/DataDumper.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/Gofer/Serializer/Storable.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/Gofer/Transport/Base.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/Gofer/Transport/pipeone.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/Gofer/Transport/stream.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/Profile.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/ProfileData.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/ProfileDumper.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/ProfileDumper/Apache.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/ProfileSubs.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/ProxyServer.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/PurePerl.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/SQL/Nano.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/Util/CacheMemory.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/Util/_accessor.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/DBI/W32ODBC.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/Image/Scale.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/JSON/XS.pm:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver/work/stage/usr/local/share /logitechmediaserver/CPAN/arch/5.28/JSON/XS/Boolean.pm:No such file or directory
*** Error code 74

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver

===>>> Installation of logitechmediaserver-7.9.1.g2018.04.23 (audio/logitechmediaserver) failed
===>>> Aborting update

------------------------------------------
Any help would be appreciated in getting past this error..

KrisBee

Wizard
I am on Freenas 11.2. I created a 11.1 jail through the GUI and added storage however after following alwu's steps exactly I get these errors:

@swinches Just to be clear, are you creating a new jail within FreeNAS 11.2? But are you trying to do this via the old UI, or the new UI?

You should be using the new UI to create jails as it makes use of iocage under the hood and there's no reason not to create an 11.2 based jail.

swinches

Cadet
Thank you @KrisBee. I figured it out..
Here are the steps that I took to get lms 7.9.1 working on FreeNAS 11.2 -

1) Create FreeNAS 11.1 jail & add storage (through GUI)
2) start jail and ssh into it
3) ee /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf (add following to the file)

audiodigitale: {
url: "http://audiodigitale.eu/repo/freebsd/pkgs",
mirror_type: "http",
enabled: yes
}

4) pkg update
5) pkg install logitechmediaserver
6) echo 'logitechmediaserver_enable="YES"' >> /etc/rc.conf
7) service logitechmediaserver start

DD4711

Contributor
I followed alwus steps and installed LMS. When I start service I get this two failures:

Code:
root@LMS:/ # service logitechmediaserver start
Starting logitechmediaserver.
Your locale was detected as C, you may have problems with non-Latin filenames.  Consider changing your LANG variable to the correct locale, i.e. en_US.utf8
Async::HTTP: Unable to load IO::Socket::SSL, will try connecting to SSL servers in non-SSL mode
[19-01-03 15:00:10.8186] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, TRUNK, UNKNOWN) perl 5.028001 - amd64-freebsd-thread-multi
root@LMS:/ # Your locale was detected as C, you may have problems with non-Latin filenames.  Consider changing your LANG variable to the correct locale, i.e. en_US.utf8
Async::HTTP: Unable to load IO::Socket::SSL, will try connecting to SSL servers in non-SSL mode

Does someone know what the socket problem is?

edit: however server runs

Last edited:

SimoneF

Explorer
Thank you @KrisBee. I figured it out..

}

4) pkg update

Hi I'm the owner of the website audiodigitale and who has created the guides.
I have updated the packages with lms 7.9.2 version, try to update lms and tell me if there are any problem or if everything is working, Thanks!

I followed alwus steps and installed LMS. When I start service I get this two failures:

Code:
root@LMS:/ # service logitechmediaserver start
Your locale was detected as C, you may have problems with non-Latin filenames.  Consider changing your LANG variable to the correct locale, i.e. en_US.utf8
[19-01-03 15:00:10.8186] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, TRUNK, UNKNOWN) perl 5.028001 - amd64-freebsd-thread-multi
root@LMS:/ # Your locale was detected as C, you may have problems with non-Latin filenames.  Consider changing your LANG variable to the correct locale, i.e. en_US.utf8

Does someone know what the socket problem is?

edit: however server runs

I updated the guide on audiodigitale, try to "pkg install p5-IO-Socket-SSL" and restart lms. it should solve the problem

rival23

Dabbler
Hi,

when I try the portmaster audio/logitechmaster command I encounter a problem.

I constantly get this message:
"No support will be provided if you silence this message by defining
ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_SYSTEM."

how can I bypass this error?

rival23

Dabbler
To get Internet access in you new jail try building it with
iocage create -n "lms2" -r 11.1-RELEASE ip4_addr="vnet0|192.168.178.138/24" defaultrouter="192.168.178.1" vnet="on" allow_raw_sockets="1" boot="on"

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

Hi, when I create my jail with that command (changed ip's to my setup ofc) I can't seem to connect to the internet.

when I ping google.com --> cannot resolve google.com: Host name lookup failure
when I ping my router --> Host is down (I know that my router is not down because outside the jail i can still access the internet.

what should I do?

edit:
this was due to the update of 14 februari 2019 (11.2U2)
Apparently there has slipped a bug within the update that broke the network in jails.
I downgraded my FreeNAS again to the 11.2U1 but there is already a workaround too for the 11.2U2 (for those who are interested)
https://forums.freenas.org/threads/dhcp-not-working-with-jail-since-11-2-u2-upgrade.73993/ post #6

Last edited:

Frank Collins

Explorer
I am on FreeNAS 11.2-U4 and tried the method described by swinches (above), except I created a 11.2 iocage jail from the GUI.

}

4) pkg update

I used the shell option of the jail and got to step 4 which gave this;
root@LMS:~#pkgupdate
The package management tool is not yet installed on your system.
Do you want to fetch and install it now? [y/N]: y
Bootstrapping pkg from pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:11:amd64/latest, please wait...
pkg: Error fetching http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:11:amd64/latest/Latest/pkg.txz: Non-recoverable resolver failure
A pre-built version of pkg could not be found for your system.
Consider changing PACKAGESITE or installing it from ports: 'ports-mgmt/pkg'.

Is there a way of installing the package management tool, please, or will this head nowhere?

I currently run Daphile, a derivation of LMS with many more features, but would like to reduce my computer count by one, if possible.

Frank Collins

Explorer
Update: I commented out the audiodigitale entry in the FreeBSD.conf file and pkg update worked when accessing the FreeBSD repo. I then uncommented the audiodigitale entry and commented out the FreeBSD repo. After "setenv ABI FreeBSD:12:amd64", I did "pkg install logitechmediaserver" and it installed with a warning about a mismatch of OS version. I let it install anyway.

After "service logitechmediaserver start", this message appeared;
root@LMS:service logitechmediaserver start
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.28/mach/CORE/libperl.so.5.28: Undefined symbol "fstat@FBSD_1.5"
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/logitechmediaserver: WARNING: failed to start logitechmediaserver

Is this fixable, please?

willcycle

Dabbler
I tried installing LMS in a jail per the instructions in this thread. It seems to be installing a bunch of packages fine and then towards the end I get the unable to access files errors Swinches documented in post 23. The jail is trying to find files in /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver that just aren't there. The work around Swinches came up with doesn't work now since the audiodigitale repository is setup for FreeBSD 12 and not 11.2. How can I work around this? Any help greatly appreciated.

Frank Collins

Explorer
I started a thread specifally for LMS on FreeNAS 11.2. Search for that thread. It works.

willcycle

Dabbler
Thanks Frank for your reply. I tried your steps exactly and get the same series of "Unable to access file" errors. In looking at the steps taken by the install I see:
===> Checking if logitechmediaserver is already insatlled
===> Registering installation for logitechmediaserver-7.9.2.g2018.12.10
then... immediately a bunch of "pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver /work/stage/usr/local/share... No such file or directory". Perhaps about 30 such file access errors. Is there some workaround?

KrisBee

Wizard
@willcycle Which version of FreeNAS are you using, and which release version have you used in your jail? Please confirm you are doing this in a jail created via the new Webui, which uses iocage . I've seen your error if the SDL license is not confirmed as accepted during the port install. Did you see both a config screen and a license screen during the port install process? Did you also ensure the "TEST" option was deselected on the config screen?

willcycle

Dabbler
The FreeNAS version I am using is 11.2-U5. Jail is 11.2 using the new IOcage. I also deselected "TEST". When you ask if I saw a config screen and license screen during port install I assume you are referring to something before the logitechmediaserver option select screen. I did not. The port list just downloaded.

KrisBee

Wizard
The LMS port install should pause to show the SDL license acceptance screen after choosing options on the config screen, assuming you have used make config install clean

willcycle

Dabbler
Yes I did see that acceptance screen after making my selections in the logitechmediaserver setup screen. I tried just using the command "cd /usr/ports/audio/logitechmediaserver;make config install clean" and I get the same errors immediately (No acceptance screen first). I am thinking there is something wrong with the repo files especially in light of swinches having the same errors and fixing it by using the repo located here: "http://audiodigitale.eu/repo/freebsd/pkgs" as stated in his post 25. The only problem as I mentioned before is the repo is now setup for FreeBSD 12 and I get an error when I try to use it. Is there someplace I can perhaps download the package and install it in the port folder on my NAS so the expected files would be there?

KrisBee

Wizard
What commands are you using after a failed port build to clean up and retry? e.g. make distclean Unfortunately each failed attempt means downloading the LMS files again.

This really does install with the instructions outlined. It's a pain, but maybe start with a clean slate and destroy this jail and start afresh with a new jail using the 11.2-release. Just today, I'm trying to write a script to do this, but it's not fully tested yet. All it does is turn the interactive iocage and other commands you would use into a batch script.

Forget about the audiodigitale package and just use the logtechmediaserver port as @Frank Collins did.

It may offend purists, but installing some packages in the jail first will significantly reduce the overall build time of the port. Then add the ports tree to the jail and then install the port. You can use the webui to add mountpoints to the jail once you've got LMS installed.

NOTE: the package list has an error, it should include p5-IO-Socket-SSL