"Locating upgrade image..." displayed for 30+ minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z300M

Guru
Hardware as in my sig.

I am trying to upgrade from 9.2.1.8 to 9.3 RELEASE via the GUI. As I write this I am watching via the IPMI interface and after more than 30 minutes still see the continuing series of dots following the "Locating upgrade image..." message.

If this is expected behavior, it's unfortunate that there isn't a "% complete" indicator to let us know how much longer we have to wait.

If this is not expected behavior, it's unfortunate that it doesn't quit with an error message a lot sooner.

What's my best course of action now? Shut down, and boot from a 9.3 CD to rewrite the USB drive, then import my saved configuration?

EDIT: I tried simply rebooting from the USB stick again, and this time I noticed -- before the "locating upgrade image" message -- the following:

"init: initial setsid() failed: Operation not permitted"

and

"init: login_getclass: unknown class 'daemon'"

What is going on here?

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

Please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here. Indicate that this is over IPMI.

In the meantime, booting from a CD and importing the config is definitely an option.

Z300M

Guru
Please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here. Indicate that this is over IPMI.

In the meantime, booting from a CD and importing the config is definitely an option.

Bug report # 7041.

Status
Not open for further replies.