Lightroom - Issue Moving Folders Across Datasets

Recently got my first TrueNAS setup built and running. 8x12TB discs in a single pool, two striped RAIDZ2 vdevs. I am working on migrating my photography stuff to the NAS, and most of my files are in there now and Lightroom doesn't have any issues accessing the files. However, I am having an issue when I try move a folder across datasets within the Lightroom UI.

I setup some nested datasets, the deepest level consisting of "Post-Processed" and "Unprocessed" datasets. Perhaps structuring these as separate datasets instead of a single dataset with folders inside of it wasn't the best idea, and I can change the structure if needed; regardless I'm struggling to understand the issue I'm having.

If I try to drag-drop a folder across these datasets within Lightroom, I get an error message "Could not complete the folder move. An unknown error occurred." I have no issues making the same move within Windows Explorer, but doing that causes Lightroom to lose its linkage to the files (fixable, but a little annoying with the amount of restructuring I'm planning to do). Also, no issues moving a folder within the same dataset within Lightroom (e.g. moving 2010 into 2011). Any insights would be very helpful!

P.S. the drag-and-drop move within Lightroom UI deletes the folder from the original location.

1704399190467.png

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
This sounds like the application has improper error handling for move (rename) failures. You cannot rename / mv between datasets. Sanely built applications look at the failure type on attempted rename and if it's XDEV-related error will retry via copying file and deleting original.