SOLVED LDAP users unable to login via AFP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ippillihplm

Cadet
Hello All,

I have FreeNAS 9.2.0 installed and have been able to create some AFP shares that do not require a login and these seem to work just fine.

The problem that I have is when I try to setup the home directories and login. When logging in, MacOS shows the following error:
There are no shares available or you are not allowed to access them on the server. Please contact your system administrator to resolve the problem.

When I look at the FreeNAS messages log I see the following information:
Jan 23 16:54:54 hades afpd[2284]: AFP3.3 Login by xxx
Jan 23 16:54:54 hades afpd[2284]: load_volumes: getpwuid_r: Resource temporarily unavailable
Jan 23 16:54:54 hades afpd[2284]: load_volumes: getpwuid_r: Resource temporarily unavailable
Jan 23 16:55:04 hades afpd[2284]: AFP logout by xxx
Jan 23 16:55:04 hades afpd[2284]: dsi_stream_read: len:0, unexpected EOF
Jan 23 16:55:04 hades afpd[2284]: afp_over_dsi: client logged out, terminating DSI session

Jan 23 16:55:04 hades afpd[2284]: AFP statistics: 0.59 KB read, 0.44 KB written

I am confident that the highlighted red items are the issue, but am unsure how to proceed with this as I am unfamiliar with Open/BSD systems.

I have seen that if the 'getent passwd' and 'getent group' do not provide the users that are in LDAP that this is an issue, but I see all those users and groups showing correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Michael

D

dlavigne

Please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

ippillihplm

Cadet
Hello All,

It looks like this is something that will get addresses in 9.2.2-BETA per the bug notation.

I would close this out, but I don't seem to know how to do this... :p

Thanks!

-Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.